A couple of projects to keep me busy while i wait for summer

Spanky22b":25u80sqk said:
Muddy paw":25u80sqk said:
The skewers should look pretty good when sorted but ideally the rubbers should of been removed off the none lever end and replacements found ..

I had a look on eBay and found a 50 piece o ring set for £1.78,so that's in the post :)
Here's a couple of pics of a bit more progress with the freshly painted levers,post and left crank arm,just busy doing the driveside arm and chainrings now,can't wait to finish it :D

Good work on sourcing a cheap O ring set as those rubbers don't look as though they would last much longer and the Kili is coming together really well after all your time and effort that you've put in and maybe you'll get some clearer pics when it's finished and the sun shows it's face but yes all the time and effort spent painting has really freshened things up nicely ;) ..

Re:

Quick update.. I've only done one photo coz theres no sun and i just wanted to have a quick look with the seatpost and chainset and a chain and also the Specialized tyres fitted to the bike. And i can honestly say i'm over the moon with how it looks,they set the bike off perfectly :D
What's left to do then,firstly don't buy touch up paint from Hong Kong coz it's cheap (£1.80p),i think there still making it :LOL: So i'm going to try and blend a couple of colours to match the paint hopefully.
For the seatpost I've decided to look for some white Shimano stickers,i'd seen some on eBay but they were 70mm in length and would be to long so about 50mm would do.
The Shimano pedals are a nightmare trying to get the white writing correct,it keeps smudging everytime you go to wipe the excess off :x So i'm going with the one bristle left on the brush and a steady hand technique to see if that will work.
For the brakes i'm just waiting for some new straddles and bolts to turn up,i didn't buy them from Hong Kong so they should be here soon :LOL:
So the only thing holding it up really is to get the frame and forks touched up because until i do the chainstay i cannot fit the chainset etc etc.

If your wondering why my cindercone is there,well there's a reason for it :) If you noticed i said i planned to sell the Killi when it was done,i've a project lined up what's been at the back of the queue for to long now. But now i've had a look with the parts on i'm having second thoughts,so the only other bike i would sell is that kona. So which would you keep???

Attachments

• IMAG2816_1.jpg
    IMAG2816_1.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 450
  • IMAG2813_1.jpg
    IMAG2813_1.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 450
That Kili is really looking the part now and the 1 bristle on the brush routine isn't easy especially if it's over a quarter of an inch long as it'll flex to much and as for the straddles and bolts where you getting them from and what are the costing you as i just may need to get some later on if i still can't find those that i put in a nice safe place till later :facepalm: ..

Mixing your own paint can be very rewarding and also very frustrating if you make the mistake of adding white to colours :shock: ..
Which bike would i keep :?: mmm erm :? , well i'd have to ride both then decide on which i prefered other wise i wouldn't get rid of either if i had room for both ..

Re:

I had some wheels up for sale which didn't sell so i've decided to use them on the Killi. There basically brand new DX hubs on new Ritchey Rock Comp rims with a barely worn Hyperglide cassette. I think they've brightened the bike up with the silver and shinyness and go well with the tyres. I've also swapped out the DX rear mech for a catalogue correct new Deore ll short arm mech.
Just need to sort out some white letters for the seatpost,straddles have arrived so the brakes can be sorted,try and get a decent match with the touch up paint and then it should be ready. Happy days :LOL:

Attachments

• IMAG3063_1.jpg
    IMAG3063_1.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 402
  • IMAG3062_1_1.jpg
    IMAG3062_1_1.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 402
The wheels n tyres really do look the part and the Deore II rear short arm mech tie's in nicely and should work a treat with the Hyperglide cassette ..

Muddy paw":1wj91ano said:
The wheels n tyres really do look the part and the Deore II rear short arm mech tie's in nicely and should work a treat with the Hyperglide cassette ..

I'm glad the wheels didn't sell now they've gave the bike a new look,very happy :)

Quick little update,pedals :D

Finally decided on the pedals,gave up with the other ones :LOL: But i've had these Deore ll comps for a while,they were for my 89 Explosif but i couldn't put them on that with everything being nos.
So i've gave them a polish and as it turns out there actually meant to be on the bike anyways so that's a bonus.

Attachments

• IMAG3093_1_1.jpg
    IMAG3093_1_1.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 367
  • IMAG3105_1.jpg
    IMAG3105_1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 350
  • IMAG3094_1.jpg
    IMAG3094_1.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 350
Spanky22b":1cz91uhy said:
Muddy paw":1cz91uhy said:

I'm glad the wheels didn't sell now they've gave the bike a new look,very happy :)

Quick little update,pedals :D

Finally decided on the pedals,gave up with the other ones :LOL: But i've had these Deore ll comps for a while,they were for my 89 Explosif but i couldn't put them on that with everything being nos.
So i've gave them a polish and as it turns out there actually meant to be on the bike anyways so that's a bonus.

Yep! those wheels certainly do brighten things up being silver even though the black rims are factory spec they tend to look tatty when used and yes your quite correct about the DEORE II pedals being factory spec so they tie in very nicely indeed plus they do look right fitted as some pedals can look a bit small imho and looking at their condition they should cover a good few miles yet especially around brighton :LOL: ..

As for clear coating the paint i had considered doing that on my 89 Fire Mountain so let us know whether you go down that route and how you go about it ..

Ian .

Back