A couple of projects to keep me busy while i wait for summer

Nice work Chris - great attention to detail :)

Re:

Cheers Si,cheers Rodrigues it's coming along nicely the killi,i've been that engrosed with it i've almost forgotten about the Pug :LOL:

Re:

Time to start respraying the brake levers,seatpost and pedal cages,still got the chainset to do and still waiting for the pink touch up paint to turn up.

Attachments

• IMAG2780_1.jpg
    IMAG2780_1.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 407
  • IMAG2777_1_1.jpg
    IMAG2777_1_1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 407
  • IMAG2778_1.jpg
    IMAG2778_1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 407
  • IMAG2779_1.jpg
    IMAG2779_1.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 407
Re:

Awesome work on the Kili so far mate but be careful that you don't put to much paint on the seat post or it will be a right pain getting it to fit the seat tube ..

Re: Re:

Muddy paw":1dj2n9yy said:
Awesome work on the Kili so far mate but be careful that you don't put to much paint on the seat post or it will be a right pain getting it to fit the seat tube ..

Cheers Muddy Paw its nearly at the finishing stages,that's a good point about the seatpost aswell. I've done two light coats of undercoat so might do a coat of black then wait till it drys and try it for size coz there'll be a coat of laquer aswell.

Nice to know that your almost their with the Kili and i'm really eager to see the final results but yes your going down the right path with the paint on the seat post but you may still need to thin the primer down a bit with a very light flatting off before the black paint goes on if your using lacquer mate ..

Re:

Decided to redo the skewers,bit of primer then gloss black and some clear laquer to protect them a bit and give them a nice shine. Next bit the crank arms and chainrings to bring them back to life again.

Attachments

• IMAG2781_1.jpg
    IMAG2781_1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 402
The skewers should look pretty good when sorted but ideally the rubbers should of been removed off the none lever end and replacements found ..

Muddy paw":ipdevu1y said:
The skewers should look pretty good when sorted but ideally the rubbers should of been removed off the none lever end and replacements found ..

I had a look on eBay and found a 50 piece o ring set for £1.78,so that's in the post :)
Here's a couple of pics of a bit more progress with the freshly painted levers,post and left crank arm,just busy doing the driveside arm and chainrings now,can't wait to finish it :D

Attachments

• IMAG2792_1.jpg
    IMAG2792_1.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 359
  • IMAG2789_1.jpg
    IMAG2789_1.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 359
Back