This was my other option though....

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 648
Re:

Why I not have seen that post before ?
Fantastic project :cool:
These 46er are the sexiest 'dale ever made, my favorite with the EST.

Brian of vintagecannondale got some 85 decals I have drawn for him :D

Cool - I think I have the same year and coincidentally with a mismatched yellow fork too. Finally got a cable guide in the post so I can begin a refurbishment in earnest. Let me know how you get on with the repaint of the front fork as mine will need doing too. Maybe we can share costs??

Attachments

• 1984 Cannondale.jpg
    1984 Cannondale.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 610
Re:

What rear brake does yours have Neil, is it a calliper or rollercam?

I'm going to take my frame and fork to my local car bodyshop and let them take a look before I consider any other options. They have painted a frame for me before and did a great job so I'm not concerned about the quality, it's just whether or not they thing they can match it.

Re:

Mine has the calliper rear brake but I will fit an adaptor plate so I can use a rollercam. What's your frame number? If I have any luck colour matching the fork then I will let you know :)

Will get the serial - it's in the lock up so may take a week. I run a 26" rear and I'm thinking that maybe on gate-sized frames this was the norm (not the 24" of the catalogue?). Otherwise when did the 26/26" kick in - after this old style logo version I have I'm sure...

Re: Re:

raidan73":224uh20h said:
Mine has the calliper rear brake but I will fit an adaptor plate so I can use a rollercam. What's your frame number? If I have any luck colour matching the fork then I will let you know :)
:oops: guess i better measure that plate. keep forgetting. :oops:

Re: Re:

Retro_Roy":rn3hzgp5 said:
raidan73":rn3hzgp5 said:
:oops: guess i better measure that plate. keep forgetting. :oops:

Yeah c'mon Roy :LOL: ;)

Back