A bit of a project - 30 year old Cannondale 46er

Shouldn't be too hard for a painter to get a match, might be worth getting it clear coated to protect the paint as it is now ? Could possibly touch up some areas if the paint is an exact match.

Re:

doesn't seem to be much difference between the 26/24 and 24/24.
unfortunately they aren't the same size either. that would make it easier.
24/24 is a smaller size. going to feel like the giant Russian bear in the circus on it. :LOL:
I only take these types on the cruiser rides. not very long. mostly all roads and lots
of stops for refreshments. ;)

as for drivetrain. both mine are full shimano m700. deerhead stuff. easily obtained.
I'd try to go with all of it. except of course for the roller cams. I will measure up my
adaptor plate as soon as I can.
are you planning on a bullmoose bar too? gotta have that.

Bryncrug72":myi026mk said:
Shouldn't be too hard for a painter to get a match, might be worth getting it clear coated to protect the paint as it is now ? Could possibly touch up some areas if the paint is an exact match.

I'll take it to my local place and see what they say. I'm not too concerned about this one looking too fresh, patina all the way baby :LOL:

Re: Re:

Retro_Roy":2gudw5qh said:
doesn't seem to be much difference between the 26/24 and 24/24.
unfortunately they aren't the same size either. that would make it easier.
24/24 is a smaller size. going to feel like the giant Russian bear in the circus on it. :LOL:
I only take these types on the cruiser rides. not very long. mostly all roads and lots
of stops for refreshments. ;)

as for drivetrain. both mine are full shimano m700. deerhead stuff. easily obtained.
I'd try to go with all of it. except of course for the roller cams. I will measure up my
adaptor plate as soon as I can.
are you planning on a bullmoose bar too? gotta have that.

Not sure about the Bullmoose yet Roy. I do have a nos Suntour XC stem so was thinking of pairing it with some Nitto risers which was how the SM600 came the following year......

raidan73":3bjsh965 said:
Bryncrug72":3bjsh965 said:

I'll take it to my local place and see what they say. I'm not too concerned about this one looking too fresh, patina all the way baby :LOL:

Like it ! :D
Watched an episode of fast and loud the other day, they clear coated a rusty old truck and it looked really good as it was unmolested !
This has to be one of the first proper mtb's that was produced

Bryncrug72":o3v5a5hy said:
Watched an episode of fast and loud the other day, they clear coated a rusty old truck and it looked really good as it was unmolested !

Thinking that if I paint the forks to match then I might have to throw a few stones at them afterwards in order to match the frame finish :LOL:

The Overbury's could be a good candidate for a rat build the way it's looking right now :oops:

raidan73":gn56kt3t said:
Bryncrug72":gn56kt3t said:

Thinking that if I paint the forks to match then I might have to throw a few stones at them afterwards in order to match the frame finish :LOL:

The Overbury's could be a good candidate for a rat build the way it's looking right now :oops:

That would probably work out quite well ! :D

I hope you are joking about the Overbury's !!!!! :shock:

Bryncrug72":2jqyzfcj said:
I hope you are joking about the Overbury's !!!!! :shock:

It's still bare metal at the moment. It's kept wrapped up in the warm and dry but everywhere I've touched it with my greasy mitts is starting to go a bit rusty.

I have some Altrans that I'll need to get on it before it goes for painting!!

Re:

Is it me?. This looks quite Grifter like in a way.

Anyway watching with interest..

Any idea's on groupset yet? :cool:

Also there's a nice stem for sale did you spot it?. From Canada

Re: Re:

passiflora":22n39b7l said:
Is it me?. This looks quite Grifter like in a way.

Anyway watching with interest..

Any idea's on groupset yet? :cool:

Also there's a nice stem for sale did you spot it?. From Canada

Was that the Specialized stem Nick? I did see that but more money than I want to spend on this one I think.

Back