99 Sunn Exact UN

This build is going to be sweet!

I ran a pair of Airforce short travel jobs on mine and the bike was a fantastic ride. I also ran a SID XC and the handling wasn't effected at all.

a rubbish pic of my old Exact disc!!

th_Picture272.jpg

al. :D

DA-EVO":20l6b5xd said:
Does anyone know where the frame number would be on one of these?

Thanks

D

under the bottom bracket
starts with an S and then the year
maybe a bit covered by paint but strange that you don't see it

the exact is the only one where Sunn is actually engraved in quite large lettering on the bottom bracket- visible fom the upside though- as seems sometimes customary for columbus high end tubing.

Indeed the Urge is a Fuji Sl ( so same tubing as previous model revolt ) and "second" in the range just below the columbus exact.
The frame of the revolt/urge should be around 1.85 kg in size 45 ( C/T)
as the exact is possibly more around 1.75
revolt/urge is also a very nice, springy and lively frame

the only issue with these 99 frames is the toptube stickers !
they have actually "bubbles" in it (with a sort of gel inside) that do not age well if the bike has been ridden as it should !
so not surprising that some frames lose them and they are nearly impossible to redo identically.

happy to see my frame which was in a very good condition pass on in renaldo such good hands ;)

the WC should match nicely the white of the frame. :cool:

As biocandy says, the obsys fork is a nice fork ! when you look at the maintenance side
I dubb it a "man's fork" as it reduces the discomfort compared to a rigid one. :LOL:
Saying that it "increases the comfort" maybe a bit farfetched ;) :LOL:

bduc61":1ea2ds1f said:
happy to see my frame which was in a very good condition pass on in renaldo such good hands ;)

Thanks Bruno, you're very kind. I hope you like what I do to it :D You'd be most welcome to check it out if you ever venture over the other side of The Channel.

bduc61":1ea2ds1f said:
The frame of the revolt/urge should be around 1.85 kg in size 45 ( C/T)
as the exact is possibly more around 1.75

For any interested weight weenies, according to my flatmate's kitchen scales (which seem to over read a bit) this frame (a large / 50cm) weighs 1892g / 4lb 3oz including the King headset.
My Vertik with Fuji DB tubing and a size M / 45cm weighed 2064g / 4lbs 9oz without headset but freshly powder coated - I weighed it before it was powder coated but didn't record the weight, but sure it was less than this.

al":tmvgvmqw said:
This build is going to be sweet!

I ran a pair of Airforce short travel jobs on mine and the bike was a fantastic ride. I also ran a SID XC and the handling wasn't effected at all.

al. :D

Thanks al. I don't suppose you remember what the axle-to-crown was on these do you?

Just received these :D Cheers mousemat ;)

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

Probably going to fit some Nobby Nic / Racing Ralph evos - not retro but I like them.

Just need a rear mech and cranks now and then time to build :D

Mini-update. Been distracted by other projects so making slow progress with this but really want to get it done and see what its like to ride :D
Just need to fit the front mech and cables and then set it all up.....

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

I always love Sunn bike, Realy nice one.

Hare the brake avid super arch first generation, from 98-99? Could you post our send me pics of those please? I dreamed of those in 98, but unfortunatly production started too late for my racing season, so XTR it was.

As you may notice i love those brake, they are nice CNC work.

Back