'97 Breezer Lightning

Nice one. I always like the Lightning specially the rigid one with xtr900 and ritchey componentes.
I´m that kind of person that looks all chips and think how to fix it. But I don´t like repaint. I love the original paint job.

I had the Alien many years ago ... it was cool but I didn´t like they system. Some noyses and that was all for me.

PD: I follow Yanni , cool guy 👍

Yeah, I know what you mean...There are a few knocks on the Breezer, but all tell a story, especially the ones on the top tube.
I am going to buy a pot of black enamel and build up the chips then flat them back so they're not as obvious...however things are only original once, so a repaint is out of the question now...

Yeah, Yianni's a good lad and a good friend... 👍

Managed to get the Lightning back in the stand between the Mongoose build and stripping the Zaskar...

IMG_2300.jpeg

A few changes to the build due to bits coming up that I’d originally had in mind such as the RaceFace Turbine chainset off of @d8mok...

IMG_2301.jpeg

...And a nice nearly new pair of Mavic Crossrides, the same as I have on the Zaskar instead of the Hopes that went on the Mongoose…Also managed to find another set of new tan wall Nobby Nics! 👌

IMG_2302.jpeg

I also have the front end mocked up with the Red Chris King replacing the hope headset and the custom RC36’s that Tim built for me, all installed and looking just right!

Going to be running full M950 throughout (excluding the chainset obviously), instead of the mix that was on there before, so fitted the V's instead of the Avid Arch Rivals that were originally on there...Love the technical graphite finish of M950 XTR!

I have all of the bits here now, so this should progress fairly quickly!…🤞🏼

Last edited:
Back