96 Zaskar LE & 94 Zaskar LE

Re: 1996 Gt Zaskar LE

SEANSTEPHENS":2acfauld said:
Thats odd, all three of my 94's have had 26.8mm posts, so barneyballbags i guess that answers your queery ;)

Sean

And it also makes me that little bit more skint, as my 27.0 post won't fit and I've got a gorgeous 26.8 Titec titanium post ready to be sold to me..!

Barneyballbags":29v4qdc9 said:
SEANSTEPHENS":29v4qdc9 said:
Thats odd, all three of my 94's have had 26.8mm posts, so barneyballbags i guess that answers your queery ;)

Sean

And it also makes me that little bit more skint, as my 27.0 post won't fit and I've got a gorgeous 26.8 Titec titanium post ready to be sold to me..!

Sorry! :LOL: :LOL: the seatclamp has been overtightened slightly so you might need to pry it open a little but its a 26.8 that fits in there

Ive begun working On your old frame, updated my thread this morning..... Anyway i think thats enough thread hijacking from us :LOL:

Sean

Just picked up a couple of goodies from corduroyboy so looking to progress this weekend, only trouble is I am picking up a 94 Zaskar Frame this Sunday so will be stuck in 2 minds which 1 to build up first :facepalm:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 276
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 276
Zaskars are breeding all over the place! Found another frame, this time a 94 LE so I now have 2 to build up :facepalm: the 96 has a dent in the downtube, nothing serious but it is still a dent, the 94 that I have just picked up today is immaculate and comes with a full set of decals to go on. After spending the day at the Manchester cycle arena watching the BMX champs I have come home and spent an hour or so in the garage. :) the bits I had set aside for the 96 are now on the 94 and its looking like I may have it on the road in the next few days. I'm not a fan of the stem but at least it makes for a build until I can find another. Just need to source some levers and I'm about there I think.

Not great picks but here's the 94 as she is at the moment. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 258
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 258
Re: Gt Zaskar Le

Barneyballbags":3o8scytc said:
I think we must have hit a record this month for the number of simultaneous Zaskar builds on the go at once! :D

Not even close. There was a time period of about 6 weeks in 2009 when I did near as many as you guys combined. Then there was a big rush that followed that by other members.

Attachments

• Zaskar Parade.JPG
    Zaskar Parade.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 241
Re: Gt Zaskar Le

gm1230126":o2uqet2l said:
Barneyballbags":o2uqet2l said:
I think we must have hit a record this month for the number of simultaneous Zaskar builds on the go at once! :D

Not even close. There was a time period of about 6 weeks in 2009 when I did near as many as you guys combined. Then there was a big rush that followed that by other members.

Fair enough. I guess if anyone was going to beat it, it's only right that it's you! ;)

file.php

That's coming together nicely. I reckon you need nice black stem (Syncros or ControlTech?) and some amber wall tyres (bike-discount.com still have the Smoke & Dart in stock ;) ) It's looking a bit anaemic at the moment with those Magics - need to get some colour in is cheeks :D .

cherrybomb":2hsw8nia said:
file.php

That's coming together nicely. I reckon you need nice black stem (Syncros or ControlTech?) and some amber wall tyres (bike-discount.com still have the Smoke & Dart in stock ;) ) It's looking a bit anaemic at the moment with those Magics - need to get some colour in is cheeks :D .

I couldn't agree more, im on the lookout for a syncros black now and am hoping the decals will add a little break to the blandness. A few anodised chainring bolts and jockey wheels and im getting close. Tyres are going on my kona build but couldn't resist putting some wheels on the GT just now :)

Back