For Sale Sbike 828

tskubi

Retro Newbie
Vintage Sbike 828, as pictured.

- Sbike 828 frame complete with parts for brake installation, seat tube re-welded as pictured, purchased as is in Germany and never ridden.
I have been told it is one of only 200 units ever produced ? Stickers are brand new.
- STM fork, good condition, it is locked. needs service.
- Spin wheels, good condition, could use a shine.
- Ringle NOS stem,
- Ringle seatpost, good condition, has been recut,
- Carbon flite saddle, excellent condition, near NOS as it's been clear coated by previous owner.
- Michelin tires,
- Shimano XT transmission,
- Cook Bros crankset, good condition, traces of use. see pictures.
- Tune seat collar.

I assembled these parts, they have never been ridden since I got them. I dreamed about this bike as a child, got the chance to find one a few years back, and in the end I have too many bikes in the basement. it is your now. If you know better than I do some parts, feel free to educate me, I'll edit the listing.
Please no trade, I know the price is somehow high, it is the added price of all the parts I bought.
Will ship ww at buyer expense. Payment by bank transfer possible.
If the ad is online, the material is available.
Located eastern France, close to Switzerland.
3400€
Tom

20230309_160127687_iOS.jpg
20230309_160140813_iOS.jpg
20230309_160159596_iOS.jpg
20230309_160204935_iOS.jpg
20230309_160212879_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
From what I have researched also is that the 828 is pretty rare, too. IIRC the only suspension model they managed to produce.

If you find that you come to split the bike I would be interested in the seat and wheels. That fork would sell pretty easily too because they only pop up for sale on ebay and such once every few years or so. GLWTS.

I deeply wanted that bike back in the day -- bought a 503 instead, (mostly as the 828 was eye-wateringly expensive for the time) which has just found a new home. Hope you find a good home for your 828.

So @tskubi

Do you have any more pictures of that catalogue(?) that you include in the photos of the bike. And do you have a scanner as there is no record of an sbike catalogue in the RB archives. And I would like to see if there is more info about different sbike models more specifically the 909 dh bike.

Thanks

So @tskubi

Do you have any more pictures of that catalogue(?) that you include in the photos of the bike. And do you have a scanner as there is no record of an sbike catalogue in the RB archives. And I would like to see if there is more info about different sbike models more specifically the 909 dh bike.

Thanks

You have read through this I inagine

You have read through this I inagine

Yes, but nothing on a 909😕. There is a thread on someone who has one but he hasn’t been seen for a long time

Yes, but nothing on a 909😕. There is a thread on someone who has one but he hasn’t been seen for a long time

There are a couple who have owned the bikes on here, just need to spend a bit of time with the search function.

sbike1.png

I deeply wanted that bike back in the day -- bought a 503 instead, (mostly as the 828 was eye-wateringly expensive for the time) which has just found a new home. Hope you find a good home for your 828.
Same here for me ;)
I got some offers for the fork and frame, unfortunately too low for me to consider.
There is no rush I have room and can keep it, it is fantastic to look at in my basement ^^
this bike looks incredible! I want a full sus s bike as I think they look absolutely awesome
It is, on top of that you mostly see pictures of FS SBikes from the side, it is a completely different animal once you wee it from the top/another angle.

Back