95 Marin Muirwoods - Manitou 4's?

Re:

Nice bike you have there, just bought a Muirwoods myself the other week from a guy in work, will have to put some pics up when I get time!!!!
I'm looking forward to seeing your build when its finished :D

Re: 95 Marin Muirwoods build

Cheers for that tack4
Not spotted your thread before but will have a read through
Going to get bike powder coated just not sure what colour yet,
as this is my first build and isn't 100% period correct i'm thinking a non standard colour choice that grabs my attention been searching google (lots of time on my hands) and keep coming back to some kona model colour schemes.
Remember the zolotone bikes from school days very cool.
Climbing the walls recovering from glandular fever and limited to what i can hoped to have had it boxed off by now but it's been slow going.
Nearly there with bits now just a few odds and sods to source.

Re:Marin Muirwoods

Hi again, managed to find a few pics of my Marin Muirwoods which I said I would post, not done anything to it yet, more of a winter project, so all pics are as I bought it. And yes, the seat is going.

Edit: can't seem to upload pics sorry, will try again!!

Re: 95 Marin Muirwoods build

Balls!!!!
Was all going so well
As i'm going with v brakes was thinking i'd have a go at removing some bosses lugs/ bosses......mentioned it to a neighbour whilst asking to borrow a dremel.
And although he didn't have one an offer of help came and we set about with hacksaw and file 3 off with only minor grooves but then a bit to much brute force and impatientness saw a hole appear in the frame along with a small dent......hole is tiny but now need to work out how to sort it before it's goes for powder coat........or have i knackered it completely.
School boy error and kicking myself now!!!!

Re: 95 Marin Muirwoods - messed it up see pg. 2

here's some pic of my new winter project although all seems well and only a clean up really, oh! and a better seat!!
Carl

Re:

skinwhistle start your own thread this is confusing else!

Original poster..
Sounds like its knackered chap. Hole and dent? Jeez. A pic would help. What exactly were you cutting off to need to resort to that? No point powdercoating if frame is no longer viable.

Re: 95 Marin Muirwoods - messed it up see pg. 2

Cold light of day it's not as I thought and hopefully fixable
The hole is the size of a pin head and the dent isn't massive just noticable
Coomber after 7 weeks off work cabin fever set in and got impatient to get on with things......hindsight is a wonderful thing
Pics attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 643
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 643
Back