'95 Bontrager Privateer , NOW FINISHED ! ! !

Re: '95 Bontrager Privateer . Update no 1

andyfloyd82":25f0h7bc said:
Looks really nice, hurry up and finish it!!

:LOL: I want to finish it while we have this good weather :cool:

Mike

The minimum insertion mark on any seatpost, is to protect the seatpost from bending/breaking due to excess leverage, NOT! to protect the frame, the rule is a minimum of 100mm insertion below the seat tube/top tube lower weld, if not on an MTB YOU WILL break or damage the frame in quick time, I would say the frame is too small for you! Even a 400mm post would doubtfully give 4 inch plus below the TT insertion? I see this so many times on here and have seen countless wrecked frames as a result!

Looking class mike!! Let's go ride! Highdown is pretty dry - bit boring but better than nowt!

OldFatTi":21zqhy9j said:
Looking class mike!! Let's go ride! Highdown is pretty dry - bit boring but better than nowt!
Hey there , will have to meet up sometime , not done highdown area . Other than the cafe :LOL: :shock:
Mike

That is a super nice looking frame with an ubercool colour scheme. I have one to which is desperate for some new paint and decals. Somehow I cannot make up my mind regarding the colour.

MynameisCasper":2m7xfk0h said:
That is a super nice looking frame with an ubercool colour scheme. I have one to which is desperate for some new paint and decals. Somehow I cannot make up my mind regarding the colour.

You can thank Johnnyboy 666 for the colour , I've just picked up the batten and im heading for the finish line now ! And the Sun is still out too :cool:
Mike

Mike Muz 67":2t1z4bmv said:
OldFatTi":2t1z4bmv said:
Hey there , will have to meet up sometime , not done highdown area . Other than the cafe :LOL: :shock:
Mike

Cool man let me know when you're going out next and we can hook up! Would love to see the bonty in the flesh!

OldFatTi":2dfykqi7 said:
Mike Muz 67":2dfykqi7 said:
OldFatTi":2dfykqi7 said:
Mike

Cool man let me know when you're going out next and we can hook up! Would love to see the bonty in the flesh!
Just one parcel away from a whole bike now brother :cool:
Mike

Wold Ranger":3dpfo8ll said:
The minimum insertion mark on any seatpost, is to protect the seatpost from bending/breaking due to excess leverage, NOT! to protect the frame, the rule is a minimum of 100mm insertion below the seat tube/top tube lower weld, if not on an MTB YOU WILL break or damage the frame in quick time, I would say the frame is too small for you! Even a 400mm post would doubtfully give 4 inch plus below the TT insertion? I see this so many times on here and have seen countless wrecked frames as a result!
Thanks for your concern WR . There is 120mm of post inside the seat tube. , of which 65mm is below the bottom of the top tube/seat tube join . In the photo , that's about 5mm down from the top of the B sticker on the seat tube
Mike

Back