94 Zaskar.

the great roberto

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Taken me a while to muster the courage to post this one.

Yes it is a 1994 frame but the rest in definately not retro. Actually the rest came via a 1997 red ano zaskar that was in a 19" frame. A bit too big for me. And prior to that on a 16" red ano zaskar frame was was a bit too small. So hopefully the 18" is spot on.

So that 's why there is all the red bits. As for why there is a retro frame and all the new bits..........well I love zaskar frames, but am not a fan of V brakes, especially in the winter and when bombing downhill off-road. I also love SRAM x9. It does shift well.
It is certainly different and hopefully will turn heads for the right reason.

Attachments

• pics 188 (Large).jpg
    pics 188 (Large).jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 2,250
  • pics 197 (Large).jpg
    pics 197 (Large).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 2,250
  • pics 204 (Large).jpg
    pics 204 (Large).jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 2,250
  • pics 199 (Large).jpg
    pics 199 (Large).jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 2,250
Re: 94 Zaskar.But not perhaps what you are expecting

Some more pics

Attachments

• pics 205 (Large).jpg
    pics 205 (Large).jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 2,244
  • pics 206 (Large).jpg
    pics 206 (Large).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 2,244
there will be people tutting over their half pint glasses at that!!.......i say great,if your pleased then what else matters.....i have that x-0 mech on my trek,its a work of art and they will be on builds featured here in 15 years time.......the more i look the more i like it....great frame colour and the red ano looks great!!

Balls to the purists mate - A bike like that should be built to be ridden and not looked at and polished to within an inch of it's life.

At the end of the day it's your bike, so build it how you want it! Personally I think it's lovely :)

Nice to see a blue anodized Zaskar build up. The popped up on Ebay a few times now and wondered how they look build and in real life.

Cheers,
Martin

Chaps thanks for the comments.

Radoslaw. I rembering seeing your build and thinking "are they really that blue/bright.........can't be"
But they are.

It really is a bright blue(ish) frame. OK so i did not have a lot of choice over the bits. But I think it works.

Yes, others will want to see period 94 stuff on it. But if you don't watch out that can cost you more.It will get riden ( when my collar bone is fixed).It's not a show bike to be poished and photographed.

It will have some competition from the blue M2 stumpy though.um. Must get some pics of that up..................

Back