94 Zaskar.

For me the frame is the heartbeat of the bike so not having the exact same original parts doesn't necessarily detract and in your case your bike is looking awesome, and more importantly probably rides like a demon.

Out of interest, hows that rear brake working out, I can't see a mount for it. Any flex or issues?

superstu":3jby0v4k said:
For me the frame is the heartbeat of the bike so not having the exact same original parts doesn't necessarily detract and in your case your bike is looking awesome, and more importantly probably rides like a demon.
Agree, I quiet like this build, even with modern parts. Actually, I need better forks, my Manitou is a dog.

bravo, having a long standing 94 zaskar project on a go slow this has given me a bit of inspiration, and may even go the riser route now :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sweet ride. Love the colours works really well together, enjoy the bike and ride it the frame looks superb for its age. Also as the GT frame has never really evolved that much (like some retrobikers) it almost looks like a modern bike anyway :D :D

I did struggle with gt's sizing of frames.
The 16" zaskar was fine but the seatpost was up a long way.Very chuckable, but not that good on an all day ride.
The 19" wasust too big.Seatpost was now waaaay done.Looked silly.* this frame was sold as an 18".

Went out for a quick ride on this today. Nothing too far as it was my first ride in 10 weeks following my busted collar bone. felt good.

These great frames are made to last, spent a month going over the Pyrenees fully laden with panniers, ortlieb bags, etc this year and my Zaskar was just superb, love it to bits. :cool:

goneriding":37pdv2cu said:
These superb frames are made to last, spent a month going over the Pyrenees fully laden with panniers, ortlieb bags, etc this year and my Zaskar was just superb, love it to bits. :cool:
I concur, they are great companions in epic trips :D

Attachments

• DSCF2200.jpg
    DSCF2200.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 725

Latest posts

Back