'94 Caloi by Eddy Merckx, MX Leader

Re:

just got myself a seatpost...

...for 12 euro and 50 cents.

Flite saddle and red speedplays should be heading this way :)

Re:

Nice one,

I can't get away with a nice flute seatpost, as they tend to be too short for what I need :(

Have you got the saddle yet? Come on, we want pictures! :LOL:

Mike

Re:

Nothing special, but since I need an extra set of speedplays for this build I decided to try some matching red ones...

Re:

Here's a mockup of the bike. Still have to pick up a different, less abused flite saddle. Also still looking for matching wheels and handlebars.

The bike is rideable, but the rearwheel keeps slipping in the dropouts. Would it be solved with different quickreleases or does it also have to do with the position of the wheel? The wheel is now in the most forward position.

Re:

Looking good there! :cool:
Nice riding position too

What wheels are you hoping to find/build?
As you can see in the Roubaix photo, they used Cinelli bars and stems.

I personally, tend to put the rear wheel as far back as possible, just a peace of mind thing. If it's in the back of the dropout, it grips the rear of it too.
Keep up the good work ;)

Mike

well done timm virtually finished.i quite like the pointy 9 sp shifters i think they suit the bars.
what happened to the shammals ? was'nt there a cassette compatability issue
did you simply change your plans?
i must admit when i saw the speed plays i thought what is he doing ?but they do work because they are virtually invisible ! :LOL: :mrgreen: and anyway i never found clipless pedals v elegant at all generally.
tim i do not know what is wrong with your rear axle. even if the stops in the drop outs
are missing that rear axle should not budge. the rear skewer on mine are tight but not to
a point where they hurt my hands to operate.
thanks for the show.....kevin t gerbil

Re:

Thanks for the compliments!

A friend will bring me some cinelli 65-38 handlebars he has lying around.
I have to see whether the 26.4 handlebars will fit the 26.0 stem. The clampdesign on the dure ace stem might make it work. Otherwise I will probably buy new 26.0 cinelli criterium bars.

For the wheels I'm hoping for either dura ace hubs laced to open pro ceramic rims or mavic cosmic pro's :twisted:

Right now my main problem is that my wishes don't fit the tight budget.
I will probably keep those wheels for a while so I have time to save for something nice :cool:

Re:

The 38s are quite narrow bars, maybe if you get other Cinelli bars try an XA or Record stem, as they also look good, but that's just my opinion.
Good choice of hubs too, but MA40s or Open 4CD rims would look better, but they're not cheap these days IF they're in good condition. Open Pro are the same shape and a fraction of the cost and new too.

Mike

Back