'94 Caloi by Eddy Merckx, MX Leader

yeah of course,i think most stuff would look ok,shame the pic does not show what the bars were,La 's spokes look
cool and was surprised to see a photo of Bigmig riding on shamals in a hilly or mountain stage once .
oh well another dream frame added to the dozen or so . tis a wicked frame indeed look forward to your updates
on the minor paint and chrome issues,i mean rechroming would be too expensive. would you extend the paint line ? or say
its out of the way, its an old frame and doesnt matter and keep it waxed, like i prob would.
[just seen one auctioned :shock: ]

Re:

I'm definitely not going for a full repaint now. Just gonna give it my best to restore the chrome. In my opinion it would be a shame to touch te paint because it's an old team bike with accompanying battle scars.

Re:

It took some time, but I have found the groupset is wanted.
Just in, so I still have some cleaning to do, but it looks gooood :D

Re:

Today I also remembered that I have this lying around for a while, waiting for a project ... :cool:

Now I need some wheels, handlebar, seatpost and a saddle.

Re:

Fantastic thread so far, and pleased you decided on Dura Ace for the groupset. Those chainstays a massive! :shock:
I wonder if Schmil rode this model frame to victory in Paris-Roubaix? A very memorable race that year. Think he used Cinelli crit bars, so 65s, but open to correction on that. Rarely see Caloi frames up for sale , so well done on the purchase ;) I'm sure that Motorola used Caloi frames for at least one year, clearly not '94 though, unless Armstrong insisted on a Merckx frame.
Looking forward to the next installment :cool:

Mike

Re:

Caloi = Eddy Merckx ;)
Also, I'm almost sure that Tchmil rode a bike with front suspensoin.
I should try to find some pictures!

Re:

Yes indeed , I was aware of that fact . Maybe Rockshox as I think Duclos lassalle used them for one of his wins, '92 or '93. Can't remember which

Re:

Rock Shox Mag21 SL Ti forks then ;)

And 8-speed STI

Mike

Attachments

• andrei_tchmil.jpg
    andrei_tchmil.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 577
Re:

Mike, yes, that was the picture I was looking for!

Also, I know that they were on 8 speed in '94, but it's very hard (expensive) to get a nice 7400 sti group.
Got the 7700 set for a very good price ;)

Re:

Yes the older STI groups are getting hard to grt hold of , still going to look ace with that set up :cool:
Looking forward to updates

Mike

Latest posts

Back