'92 Marin Eldridge Grade

Your rebuild inspired me to do the same. Picked up my very own '92 Eldridge from Milton Keynes on Sunday.

It all looks pretty original with the exception of the XT lever/shifter combo (replaced with newer LX).

I'll post a proper thread with pictures soon but in the meantime, remember that you are an inspiration!

:p

What a find...

Looks really great!

I used to love those IRC Notos tyres too.

Cheers,

Chaser.

Weon":cukn5kx0 said:
Your rebuild inspired me to do the same. Picked up my very own '92 Eldridge from Milton Keynes on Sunday.

It all looks pretty original with the exception of the XT lever/shifter combo (replaced with newer LX).

I'll post a proper thread with pictures soon but in the meantime, remember that you are an inspiration!

:p

Was watching your one if it's only just finished on ebay. Too far to go to be viable for me but looked like a good 'un.

It finished last Thurs night so it's possibly the same one (there's not many of them on eBay).

I was pretty surprised at how high bidding went but I had some money in PayPal from selling stuff so I didn't have to part with much "real" money at all.

I'm amazed at the condition of some of the components under the 17 years worth of grime - I expected everything to be completely knackered!

Cleaned up nicely that one. Good work that man.
They always look orange in photos; here's a picture of a mate of mine racing his Eldridge Grade back in 1992...

Attachments

• CC92-Goodison4.jpg
    CC92-Goodison4.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 2,231
gradeAfailure":led1ob6o said:
Well, drove the 2hrs round the M25 (I just love rush hour) after work to go and collect her - and I have to say, she's not in as bad condition as I thought she would be for the money! Flat rear tyre, needs new cables all round, new chain, new grips, possibly new BB, and a good clean and degrease/regrease of the rest. Looks like the ultrasonic bath at work will be getting some use next week... ;)

Back end does look orange due to the flash but I can assure you it's PINK!

Marin.jpg

Marin_rear.jpg

shes definitely a beauty mate!!! i'm talking mine to ride the eldridge grade later this year!!!!

Cheers guys, looks like there's a lot of love for the mid-range Marins of old... :)

This one on ebay at the mo:
!BPqpe!!BGk~$(KGrHgoOKiIEjlLmVkUiBJ0wiV,Djw~~_1.JPG

is exactly what I parted with about 8 years ago and am still trying to track it down! In the meantime, think my '92 will do...

Weon, get some pics of yours up!

nporternz, that's what I want to do after watching Klunkerz! :LOL:

gradeAfailure":gogbsasg said:
Cheers guys, looks like there's a lot of love for the mid-range Marins of old... :)

This one on ebay at the mo:
!BPqpe!!BGk~$(KGrHgoOKiIEjlLmVkUiBJ0wiV,Djw~~_1.JPG

is exactly what I parted with about 8 years ago and am still trying to track it down! In the meantime, think my '92 will do...

Weon, get some pics of yours up!

nporternz, that's what I want to do after watching Klunkerz! :LOL:

I think thats the marin range that stopped me liking marins!! nowhere near as nice as the one you've got mate!!

Nice Job,
1st mountain bike I ever rode was a Marin (hire jobby from Betswy-coed) many moons ago.
Always had a soft spot for em.

Latest posts

Back