'91 Karakoram

i just dug out Dec '91 MBUK - they review the '92 Karakoram & quote the 18" as weighing 28lb & say "at £599... you're getting a relatively light bike at an excellent price" so I'm going to be happy with a 27lb '91 :D

brummieguy":1pstexsp said:
i just dug out Dec '91 MBUK - they review the '92 Karakoram & quote the 18" as weighing 28lb & say "at £599... you're getting a relatively light bike at an excellent price" so I'm going to be happy with a 27lb '91 :D

brilliant! I'm rebuilding a 92. Could you possibly possiby possibly (trying not to beg) scan it in and send it to me. Would be great to have the review to compare and swot up on.

Tricky begger lad.

Just stuck another 17 miles on my karakoram on the north downs.
Really nice on teh raod/tracks with slicks on.I forgot how quickly it can accelerate without the knobblies ........

Tres beautiful assembly ;)
The wheel Tioga, is surprising on such a frame.
Kept silent tries blue grips and saddle?

Trickylad - pm me an e-mail address & I'll send you the review in bigger format - the full-size attachments are too big to send via pm

MBUK vol 4 no 12 - Kara '92 review - attached in reverse order sorry!

Attachments

• Kara review I.jpg
    Kara review I.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 1,269
  • Kara review II.jpg
    Kara review II.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 1,269
  • Kara review III.jpg
    Kara review III.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,269
Nice, My mate had a Kara in the alternative colour in 91, and I had the Tequesta, nice tough bikes. I remember it being really heavy mine 30++ but maybe I was just a wee kid! :D Love the super pimp build but not a big fan of the tyres - fast though!

Reanimation thanks - I must admit the tyres seem to have escaped me. I originally bought the bike & figured I'd set it up & ride it on the road but that idea's long since gone - I have the original megabites which I'll put back on & will be far more in keeping I think.

I'm trying to find out how to delete this post as I pressed submit in error - going to the edit / delete screen doesn't seem to offer a link to delete - can anyone advise?!

Back