'91 Bridgestone MB-0 Zip

Zip

The zip looks awesome. I am reconditioning mine now in Alabama. I bought it while working at university bikes in boulder in 1994. Of course I took it and stripped it of all the good stuff. Put shimano on it. Ran it with a softened stem for a while then with a Rockshox. Luckily I still kept the original mavic wheels and crankset/BB. The bike has been ridden hard though. Won't look as pretty as yours!!!! A couple foe questions:

Is your freewheel a sachs or sun tour pro?
Will a standard xc pro front der work fine?
Have you seen a saddle like this anywhere? It's a one-off for the zip I think.

Thanks!
Mike

Re: Zip

Mpgiant":25pciuxl said:
The zip looks awesome. I am reconditioning mine now in Alabama. I bought it while working at university bikes in boulder in 1994. Of course I took it and stripped it of all the good stuff. Put shimano on it. Ran it with a softened stem for a while then with a Rockshox. Luckily I still kept the original mavic wheels and crankset/BB. The bike has been ridden hard though. Won't look as pretty as yours!!!! A couple foe questions:

Is your freewheel a sachs or sun tour pro?
Will a standard xc pro front der work fine?
Have you seen a saddle like this anywhere? It's a one-off for the zip I think.

Thanks!
Mike

Hi Mike, the freewheel is XC Pro, see the full specs in the first post. A standard XC Pro front der will work. I have seen only one of these saddles that was not on a 91 Zip - it was on a '92 MB-1 that sold on ebay last Summer. My understanding is that they only made one run of these saddles for the '91 Zip. If I see another one then I'll hopefully remember to shoot a message to you! cheers

Mint

I loved the old bridgestone bikes!!! I had a friend back then who had one with a HALSON INVERSION shock on it! Wicked cool.

Very sexy clean bike, I love those decals, those bikes were clean and well made.

changed the wheels to a cleaner pair + new camera & darker backdrop :cool:

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

Back