90's Hybrid/Cross bike thread.

I use a very blue collar tange 5 framed Wheeler with 1.75 tyres as an allrounder/shopper. Strong, heavy, good geo, rides nice.
20221213_134107.jpg
This one is for my GF, it's a Tange double butted frame, lightweight, and my preferred geo, a surprisingly good bike, she loves it too. I could cover around 200 kms and 2000 meters of elevation in a day with this one, when i took it for a ride.
20221227_111420.jpg

The stem is the NITTO X CRUST UI QUILL STEM

I can't tell you what brand / model the bars are - I think I got them used with some bar ends. They are definitely not Soma Hwy 1 - I did mount a pair of those on an old GT Edge I owned. Nice bars with brifters.

I'll add mine here - a 1995 Trek 7900. Bonded carbon tubes to aluminum lugs/rear end. Bought it a couple years ago in near mint condition. This was their top end hybrid back in the day.

Drive Side.jpg

Final iteration before selling.jpeg

Down Tube Seat Tube Non Drive Side.jpg

Rear Derailleur.jpg

Alas, I sold it last summer. I found the ride to feel strange, like the back tire was low or there was a disjointed frame tube somewhere. I could never see anything wrong anywhere, it just felt like the back wheel wasn't "tracking" the front wheel properly. Weird. So I never rode it that much. Shame, really, because it was a beautiful bike.

Back