89 Saracen Kili Flyer Comp (fillet-brazed full prestige!)

Re:

Just seen this. great bike,great job!! Ride good dont they. my all time fave bike. :) :) :) :)
Glad it ended up here and with a saracen lover.

AWESOME!!! :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:
DSC_3155_zpsd4e067e9.jpg

I was having so much fun I only got one pic

Re:

Dude! Absolutely awesome work. Really glad to see such a great specimen getting enjoyed.

Trust the ride is working for you?

What is the frame size btw?

Should go for a burn some time ;-)

Re:

Thanks mate! :D :D

To be honest though, I'm considering selling it. :(

I daren't use it! I have other bikes (also a joy to ride) where it would not be the end of the world if I damage them or they get a bit scratched and rusty.

I don't have great bike storage facilities so it lives in the loft and is brought down for occasional use. And as the summer ends, cash is getting tight - I'm struggling to justify a few hundred quid's worth of bike living in the loft for occasional use.

The financial crunch that might nudge me into a decision hasn't quite hit yet, so I will ponder it some more. I do like the idea of a special bike for occasional use but money's always tight and all my other bikes are either in regular use, need repair or are fun but not worth a huge amount, so are more easily justified. The dilemmas of retrobiking!

Sorry to hear that geezer. Hope you don't have to sell it but even if it has to be that way make sure you get some use out of it while the sun is still shining. It is an awesome ride after all.

stanny":1w64kni2 said:
I'll double check with my dad but I think these frames were Taiwanese made, definitely powder coated in Birmingham and then assembled in Leamington Spa before moving to Warwick shortly after.

Yes in Brighton too, got seven Saracen Conquests here... Let's catch up!

Would love to see these!

Back on topic, great thread and super Kili!

Back