84/85 Dawes Ranger

Spibblo":x0xvqv8y said:
Racin'snake":x0xvqv8y said:
bluetomgold":x0xvqv8y said:
Did you get anywhere with this?

I've had a frame knocking about for ages, I rather cruelly parted it out on here years ago... but have recently been thinking about building it back up again...

I never really off-roaded mine, only messed about on it around town. A friend set it up as a tourer and did the Rievers route on it (I was on my Ozark). I have fond (and vivid) memories of how it felt to ride - very stable and planted, if not exactly quick.

Original spec had heavy wheels, non-indexed shifters - all a bit clunky. I fancy giving it another chance...

Tbh it got shelved very soon after the start of the thread, not because of the bike itself... more to the fact I had far too much other stuff going on. I should probably shift it on really as it is taking up space....and lots of it!

Let me know if you decide to move it on I might be interested...
Yeah its for sale!

Spibblo":z0w7owic said:
Yeah its for sale!

How much are you looking for posted?[/quote]

Hi mate... not after much for the bike (I think I paid just £40) but postage will likely be towards £30 quid as its very long and its not exactly made of titanium! How does that sound?

No need to post. If you hang it out of the front window by its back wheel he can probably grab the front from his place.

Re:

Love these eighties bikes. How does this compare to a Raleigh Maverick from 87? I had the metallic grey one and it looks similar. Is this longer?

Re: Re:

sthodgson":spfuexvw said:
Love these eighties bikes. How does this compare to a Raleigh Maverick from 87? I had the metallic grey one and it looks similar. Is this longer?
I can't speak for the 87 maverick, I did have an 88 model(white/yellow) which wasnt really in the same league as the ranger in my opinion. It is so sure and steady to ride... and long... very looooooonnng

Grannygrinder":zr7tyklb said:
What a lovely bike.
First MTB(ish) that i remember seeing in the flesh...i was smitten
Treat yourself... It is for sale :D Not for splitting though :twisted: :LOL:

Racin'snake":384bnt0z said:
Grannygrinder":384bnt0z said:
What a lovely bike.

Where are you?

Sounds like someone's going to get a bargain. If I didn't have one already I'd be all over it. I'm tempted as is! Still debating what to do with mine...

bluetomgold":1osge89f said:
Racin'snake":1osge89f said:
Grannygrinder":1osge89f said:
What a lovely bike.

Where are you?

Sounds like someone's going to get a bargain. If I didn't have one already I'd be all over it. I'm tempted as is! Still debating what to do with mine...
if you join them together you get a suspension bridge.

Back