753 Raleigh 1983?

I've got a Raleigh Record Ace with frame number WF300037 a very similar number to yours. It is made from 531c was bought new in 1983 but may be an '82 bike. It has very similar dropouts,but under bracket routing that I have not seen on other frames, It has four cable stops with two short stainless flexy spiral tubes I am currently restoring this bike,but at the moment it is still in it's original light green paint with all it's decals.My brother bought it new and we still have the receipt and owners manual for it.

Aqua":2frcm2g3 said:
It has four cable stops with two short stainless flexy spiral tubes

Yep, that's the Raleigh standard cable routing for that level of bike at that time. That's why I commented on the above bracket cable routing on gavr's frame.

Mark.

Most of my expierience with Raleighs is of the cheaper ranges,which would have had less complex routing. Yesterday I had a mental blip,the frame number on the RRA is actually WL300027. Can anyone amend my previous post?

Raleigh (Updated)

Thanks for your help with this. I'm calling this one finished. Fitted a steel fork, the colour's not quite a match but close enough, a nice steel campag super record headset and a cinelli 1A stem. Put 531c decals on it.

Attachments

• IMG_2997.jpg
    IMG_2997.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 538
Back