7/8/9 Speed Compatibility

legrandefromage":lgfdchnx said:
Little Al":lgfdchnx said:
Why not fit a set of Bar end shifters & keep existing wheel gears etc.

Wot he said

Wouldn't suit me really I ride mostly on the hoods I find so sti would be the ideal fit.

Carl

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just Bagged a set of 7s RSX ones for £34, which seems a good buy looking at other sold prices, I hope my OCD for matching group doesn't hit me too hard! Got to get a slightly shorter stem as the bar tape is coming off so it's worth making changes in one hit.

Carl.

Spend jumped another £44 when I added the new stem and downtube cable stops into the equation, plus I'll need new outer cable and bar tape, a cheap upgrade costs nearly a ton!

Carl.

Unlucky.

I bagged a complete 10 speed 105 groupset for £4 last weekend THEN bagged a whole load of 10spd Ultegra :facepalm:

I'm drowning in some very modern stuff just lately

legrandefromage":3i0ssfd5 said:
Unlucky.

I bagged a complete 10 speed 105 groupset for £4 last weekend THEN bagged a whole load of 10spd Ultegra :facepalm:

I'm drowning in some very modern stuff just lately

It was the need to change a perfectly good set of wheels that turned me off the slightly more modern upgrades, I'd have gone 8 speed quite happily if it was just cassette or cassette and free hub, but losing the quite nice 105 hubs and mavic neo rims was a step too far.

I am riding my modern cube ltd 29er loads though. So plenty of both modern and retro in my life.

Carl

Back