6 bikes added to the garage suddenly, Kona and Scott

Re:

That's the thread, good chance these where specifically specced for the 1995/6 market then. Rather than the earlier using old frames method.

02gf74":16ga5a0i said:
Good find. Look to be in reasonable condition

What are your plans, keep one or two of the best and ebay the rest?

I have a small dream that I will need them to, so I will make them in ridable condission and plan to run guided retro MTB rides in my home city for tourists on weekends incoming summer. If the thing will not be a hit, I might sell the frames that are to big for me.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":2k7d2t3l said:
This bit refers to the frames made date.
Fairly (place it is made)
5 1995
06 June

If I have it right
Which would probaby make it a 1996 'model' frame, or late 1995 model year frame. There probably is little difference between them.

It does tell you it's not the high end frames though as Explosif where Hxxx for these years if I remember correctly. That and you can easily tell by looking at it.

Thanks! Have to look at the other frames numbers as well, spechally the older one.

Anyone has some idea of the Scotts age, sizeing?

The Niihau is interesting (learnt something new today). Is it double butted? I think so, if you could take a picture of the seatpost stickers that would help. If it is double butted I'd be surprised it was made at Fairly but I could be completely wrong!! I can't remember if they'd shipped out all production to Taiwan by then (1994/95).

al-onestare":2pag8a0d said:
The Niihau is interesting (learnt something new today). Is it double butted? I think so, if you could take a picture of the seatpost stickers that would help. If it is double butted I'd be surprised it was made at Fairly but I could be completely wrong!! I can't remember if they'd shipped out all production to Taiwan by then (1994/95).
Fairly is Taiwan and they'd been there for a while. The explosif along with sone cindies i believe was Hodaka and only the USA made 'custom' frames where different for most of the 90s.

As far as I am aware.

What did you think?

al-onestare":1e852qqf said:
Here a pic of the sticker

Fork sticker

The fork stickers look 1995ish to me, different to the other three 1996 bikes.

Attachments

• WP_20150323_21_24_21_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150323_21_24_21_Pro.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 366
  • WP_20150323_21_24_41_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150323_21_24_41_Pro.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 365
Kona-Ian":1v0eu3ka said:
Nice bikes dude. Why not whip a tape measure out and measure them :LOL:
I actually did it, and the Niihau is a 18", the Koa as LawaDome is size 19" and the Firemountain is a 20", that based on the wheelbase.

The CinderCone seem to be a 20" to? but dont have a referense as dont know year. Frame number must be photoed whit a proper camera to make sure of it.

Back