27 inch wheels, any decent replacements out there?

CyclingTheLakes":2hn0cvts said:
I've had to mess with the interchangeability on tyres too, sorry this is off-topic and the tubes that use them.

700s on a 27 inch wheel and so on. They say it won't work but I'm not always positive about that. Then, some of the darn tyres I have, I can't even find the size written on them.

That absolutely won't work.

Re:

Thanks for all the advice. I tried to buy a set from Niagara Cycle Works but they were unable to ship to the UK as the package was larger than their mail providers size limit. In the end I went to Velo Mine. The wheels are Sun CR18 Rims with DT Spokes on Quando sealed bearing hubs. Seemed to get decent customer reviews. They worked out at £75 with £41 postage. I await their delivery and to see whether I get hammered for import duty.

Re: 27 inch wheels

Velo Orange now does lovely 27 inch rims and I think you can get them though their UK reseller - Fresh Stripe

By the way, I built up a pair of wheels using sjs own brand 27" polished alloy rims and they look great. Seem well made and strong too.

I think there are loads of 27" wheels and rims out there. I'd look for a good used set, it will look right, 700c will never look right. Neither will Velo orange, or any other band wagon re-inventions.

Back