26er hardtail, Ti or lightweight, 17/18"

thekingofming

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hey

I am looking for something that seems a bit rocking horse poo.

I want a lightweight hardtail frame, needs to be disc, with a straight 1 1/8th headtube, designed for suspension forks (I have some 100mm SIDs to fit), 9mm axle, ideally in Ti or something a bit weight weenie. Will be more for road than trail use (I just can't bring myself to get a modern gravel or road bike, I don't look good in lycra :shock: ).

Budget? The cynic in me says that giving a budget, will always bring out things that are "just within budget" (with the price being set at my budget rather than what the frame would be worth), but I also appreciate this site isn't quite like the wilds of other forums. The sort of price Ti commands is my budget :LOL:

thanks

Ben

Re:

I have a rock lobster team ti in a box at the moment. Toying with building it up as a commuter but could part with it. Ticks your boxes but need to check size as it may he 19 inch.

Another that ticks all your boxes, but maybe not size is my as new pipedream scion 853.

If either float your boat I can grab the tape measure.

Re:

Hi,

I’m after pretty much exactly the same, so subject to KoM’s feedback I’m interested.

Cheers

Chris

Re:

Light frame cant weigh at moment as scales out of action, but compared to other ti frames I have it is light
Cable guides for rear brake are open type handy as easier to maintain, no dents or cracks, 68 BB and threads are good. headtube for 1 1/8 straight
Seat tube center of BB to center of top bube 16.5 inches to top of seat tube 18.5 inches

Re:

measured the frame:

Seat tube is 19 inch c2t, 17 inch c2c. Top tube is 22 inch c2c.

Attachments

• 20200216_000814.jpg
    20200216_000814.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 950
Back