Withdrawn 26" forks

Thanks ishaw. That was on my watch list as I really want them but just bought a set of old toras off someone local for £50 literally 30 minutes ago. Not exactly what I wanted but at least it means I can get the trance built so I can use it. Will try to upgrade later on when I can afford it before Mayhem (as that's what I'm doing in Fran's memory) but for now I can at least build it and ride it.

Cheers for your help.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
No worries. I may be able to help soon. I've got a set of fox vanilla in my garage which I had planned to use, they have a long steerer. I've just acquired another set with the lowers I need (v bosses), with a slightly shorter steerer.

When they arrive, my plan was to do some switching, so if the stanchions on both are in good shape once I've stripped them, I should have a set of vanilla r forks with a long steerer available which I can do cheap as I'll have got the forks I need from the two.

They are the earlier type with the curved rather than more angular brace, 26er in black.

If you are interested, Ill make sure I let you know once I've swapped the parts around.

No worries. I may be able to help soon. I've got a set of fox vanilla in my garage which I had planned to use, they have a long steerer. I've just acquired another set with the lowers I need (v bosses), with a slightly shorter steerer.

When they arrive, my plan was to do some switching, so if the stanchions on both are in good shape once I've stripped them, I should have a set of vanilla r forks with a long steerer available which I can do cheap as I'll have got the forks I need from the two.

They are the earlier type with the curved rather than more angular brace, 26er in black.

If you are interested, Ill make sure I let you know once I've swapped the parts around.

They sound good. Loved my fox 32s so would prefer fox forks and have a fox float shock on the trance so would be good to have matching. Would definitely be interested if they're any good. Cheers.

See TBH, for a good conditioned fox fork, 26" with such a long steerer, straight at that, you're probably going to be looking at closer to £200, if not a bit more. £100 budget is moon on a stick territory :LOL:

I never expected a set of fox forks in my budget. To be honest I'm just happy I've got the toras for now so I can at least get it working.

At the end of the day I'm rebuilding this bike not to be the best but because I'm doing the events in memory of my friend and this was the bike I was riding when I met Fran. (And the bike I first attempted a 24hr solo on because of him). I'm riding it for the memories not because it's the best so as long as I can ride it I don't care how good it is.

I'm a broken mess anyway so there's no point building it to be competitive as I won't be able to ride it to its full potential.

Just advertised some Psylo U turn which fit criteria and budget but need lockout sorting
Thanks D8mok but I'm going to stick to the Toras for now. Bit on the weighty side but at least it gets it up and running and I can't afford anything better until I've sold my winter bikes in January.

Cheers though

Back