Withdrawn 26" forks

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
Hi. A bit of a long shot but I'll try nonetheless.

I'm looking for a set of forks for 26" (or 27.5") wheels. I'm trying to revive my old Trance and the old recons are past their best to say the least. I'm hoping to do events with it next year (Mountain Mayhem included) so want to get it better than ever. Spec wise I need:

straight steerer (at least 220mm)
disc brake
lockout.

The reason it's a challenge is because of the fact that after much saving my budget is only going to be about £100. (it needs a lot more work but want to sort the forks more than anything). I can ask in hope anyway. Does anyone have anything that might fit the bill?

Thank you

Attachments

• tour de fran wadebridge 23.04.22 Trance.jpg
    tour de fran wadebridge 23.04.22 Trance.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Not mine but I did some searching and found these. No idea on steerer length though:

Are the recons serviceable as it may be cheaper to get them done than replace, especially as you know their history and they fit your frame. Forks with 220mm plus steerers aren't easy to come by, especially in straight 1 1/8 these days.

I’ve got these which would be £35 inc Postage via here.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have some Tora's. Lockout works fine. Just need seals/wipers replacing. £40 posted and they are yours...will send pics if interested. They're black btw

Sorry everyone. I've been in and out of hospital a lot recently (with still no answers) so haven't even been able to look at bikes. Really want to get this fixed up now to try and give me something to look forward to riding wise (since I've done barely any riding this past couple of months with my health)

Ishaw - unfortunately the stanchions of the recons are badly worn so even with new seals they leak considerably. I'm just using them to create a turbo trainer bike as that's all they're good for now.

d8mok. I'll be honest I'm trying to avoid suntour. Always end up having to bin them after a year because the stanchions rust (where I live and ride is very gritty/clay so despite cleaning after every ride they always end up knackered/seized). Thanks though.

Got some Rockshox revelations rct3 in 27.5 130mm travel but tapered so you’d need to run a different headset

Got some Rockshox revelations rct3 in 27.5 130mm travel but tapered so you’d need to run a different headset
Not sure if they'll fit as it's only a 1 1/8 headset (it's 2007 so old) and wouldn't be able to fit a 1.5" on the bottom.

They’ve sold now , but yes you can use tapered forks on a straight headtube with the correct headset.

oh ok. Everywhere I've looked they say a 1.5" lower headset won't fit into my frame because the headtube is too small. Will have to investigate as I can get tapered forks easily

I’ve got a Ti hardtail with straight headtube using a tapered fork. Headset is a EC44 cane creek lower cup. Is it a 34mm or 44mm headtube?

Back