Wanted 26" Bontrager Mustang Wheels 1997 ish

markrussell78

Dirt Disciple
Long shot but in need of a set of Bontrager Mustang wheels circa 1997. My Klein has one on the rear but has far too much rim wear and the front is a write off. Or something of same era that would suit.

Maybe too new but I have a pair of Bontrager Superstock wheels from a 2002 Trek 6700. These are black, 24/28 spoke & I have fitted but not used a n.o.s. rear rim. Front rim is well worn but usable until a decent one comes along. Hubs ok, re-grease them maybe, freehub was replaced with same model at some point in my ownership. Original Bonty skewers fitted.
Say £60 if any good?

Maybe too new but I have a pair of Bontrager Superstock wheels from a 2002 Trek 6700. These are black, 24/28 spoke & I have fitted but not used a n.o.s. rear rim. Front rim is well worn but usable until a decent one comes along. Hubs ok, re-grease them maybe, freehub was replaced with same model at some point in my ownership. Original Bonty skewers fitted.
Say £60 if any good?
Hi Jimbo, many thanks for the message. As I only posted yesterday I'm going to hang on just a bit. Unless someone else takes them off your hands I'll keep them in mind as a backup. Can't really use the bike at the moment due to the excessive wear. Paper thin rims!

I’ve had a few sets. They tend to come on treks of around 97-99 vintage. Hope this helps and likely you’ll pay the same for a full bike as a pair of wheels

What d8mok said^^^
I've got some that came with a 97 Fisher XO (essentially Trek by that time, I think[?])
Unfortunately (for you!) they're destined for a Hoo Koo E Koo build...

No probs Mark. I'm not advertising mine currently, I'd rather find a n.o.s front rim for mine really but would sell if someone wants them.

Cheers fella's.
I've opted for some others from another nice guy on here. They'll get it back up and running until I can track down an original pair. Just wanting the bike as near as original as possible.

Back