2023 plans...

2022 was sorta a year off of bikes for me with the move. Really looking forward to a finished new shop, display of most of my bikes, and riding them daily.

Looking forward to seeing that display :cool:

Do a bit more riding that isn't my commute.
Finish off the little bits that bug me on some of my bikes.
Bontrager Race Lite.
Try to stop buying stuff that I don't really need but buy cos 'ooohh look at that!' :)

For me....2022 started strong, it looked like I was going to get near 2021's bumper crop.
One "O" complete....I moved onto the 'Iceman' prototype. But then Evri 'lost' it on it's return home from paint....and I lost my mojo.
I rode my retro more however, which isn't a bad thing!

For 2023....

1. I've picked up another project. A Serotta Offroad Proflex. Excited about this one to get the mojo going.

2. Ride more, especially with the kids. Clocked 550 miles last year. Can I get nearer to 1K this year?

3. Check out more of other people's builds. I get too engrossed in my own stuff. I need to look up once in a while and see what others are doing.

Cheers all. Here's to 2023.

boy"O"boy

Trying to find the right spot on the Settle to Carlisle railway to recreate the Pemberton train gap - it ll hopefully be full glory sending it over a vintage steam train or a quick helicopter ride to AnE!! {ideally completely avoiding the later and taking every precaution possibly obviously, dont want to be annoying the NHS in the current state of things}

Retro wise I could do with getting my mojo back and finally finish the 92 clockwork build as well as restoring the Aluminium O. I have the MF Clockwork to strip, clean and re-build + the lemon to build but not sure I'll actually get round to them tbh. No plans to buy any more (unless I can make a Team Marin work) as other hobbies are taking up my time and money.

I do plan to ride my modern nonsense more though. Started off well last year but it really dried up by the end of summer so need to get back in the saddle. I want to finally get on a retro ride again too.

@Rebikecumbria you are completely mad, but make sure someone films it for us.
BTW, I've stood on top of the take off for the Pemby train gap. HOLY SH!T does even come close to describing it.

Started off well last year but it really dried up by the end of summer so need to get back in the saddle.

Happens to me every year. Summer holiday plans get in the way and I never seen to recover. Doesn't help that I do holiday relief for a job, so the third quarter of the year is my busiest time. Last year I did 1200 miles by the end if June but only just over 1800 by the end of the year.

@Rebikecumbria you are completely mad, but make sure someone films it for us.
BTW, I've stood on top of the take off for the Pemby train gap. HOLY SH!T does even come close to describing it.
Well not completely ahaha but some might disagree, d30 is amazing stuff ahaha

My biggest flights have been 50-60 footers in the alps but it has been a few years since I’ve flown that far but I should only need 30-40 foot in the right place with a nice easy step down

here’s one of the younger marras at our local freeride spot in cumbria slaying it, he’s actually been out and done the pemberton gap the lucky lad

I d love to go back to BC with a bike went to whistler snowboarding once and it’s out of this world there

We’ll def get some footage if it happens

Back