2014 - Rides Planning / Suggestions

Studied the 5 ferries and well I dont really think its a goer for a group of varied ability. But thinking the three ferries, Weyms Bay to Rothesay/Rhubodach to Colintrave/Dunoon to Gourock is possible.
Say start Gourock and cyle back roads to Weyms Bay, then after first ferry do a loop of Bute then second ferry and cycle route around Cowal area back to Dunoon then third ferry and back to start.
Hopefully run it as National Road Ride in August like last year. Details of course to be worked out.

I'm also interested in SSEC

kaiser":156isvh2 said:
gmac123":156isvh2 said:
Up for a spring weekend, just don't make it May this year!

I'd like to see if there's interest in little biking packing adventure, possibly an overnight kit test event with a view to tackling longer route

and more hills, last years winter cabin fever focus was munro biking, and with one thing or another I only managed 3 trips/hills

Sounds good to me, I never managed any hills! I'm rolling last years stuff into next year. I'd be keen to resurrect the non starting friday night bivi idea as well, just the wrong time of year to start it really.

For information, already touted a bit are....

Strathpuffer (Kaiser, Jamie, epicyclo, ZZ and V supporting)
SSEC (Kaiser and Jamie)
Bravo Scotia ( Eh some aye and some naws!)
10UTB (Kaiser, Velo, Keithyr, Clubby, ZZ, RobMac)

Some nice big country riding around pitlochry, thinking mount keen or similar would be a nice one to do.

keithyr":17pi7q6a said:
Some nice big country riding around pitlochry, thinking mount keen or similar would be a nice one to do.

Agreed. Although Mount Keen isn't really close to Pitlochry. Remind me not to let you be in charge of the map :)

kaiser":38d476m4 said:
Sounds good to me, I never managed any hills! I'm rolling last years stuff into next year. I'd be keen to resurrect the non starting friday night bivi idea as well, just the wrong time of year to start it really.

yeah, defo too late now, but keen to try out the friday night bivi nice and early next year, thinking April.

off to get a 10UTB entry in!

There's over 400 entered solo, 1000 in total. That's a hell of a lot of people on course at any one time. Might come up to watch the carnage but no intentions of riding.

Lots of other good ideas floating about, but would be nice to get this years rides done.

Back