2012 Nukeproof Mega

Re: 2012 Nukeproof Mega *work in progress*

I know what you mean - that was the only thing that I wasn't totally sold on. But I equally don't like the really pale stanchions like on my Deville's.

The original Marzocchi's had the best coloured stanchions I reckon.

Those stanchions do look quite orange compared to the more gold looking ones on rockshox and fox forks, could be colourcoded with a few tiny orange parts elsewhere but like you say its a lot of money to pay if it's not totally right.

Few pics of last weekends clean up! It was, erm, grim.

My mrs bought me a new park stand for Xmas and it's made cleaning the bike so much easier! Wheels off and chain off jobs a goodun!

Sheesh. And I thought my last couple of rides were bad!

I use my stand a fair bit for cleaning...makes like much easier. As does taking a heater into the garage!

Nice pic of the mud!

My cleaning regime is pressure washer/hosepipe. Taking the chain off!? You crazy (or i'm lazy).

I have to start a ride with a clean bike, regardless of how bad the weather is. A nice, silent, clean, smooth running bike is a must.

*AJ*":on56fqv4 said:
I have to start a ride with a clean bike, regardless of how bad the weather is. A nice, silent, clean, smooth running bike is a must.

Know exactly what you mean, I don't split the chain but I use a park cleaner three times when I scrub the bike, and have a huge selection of brushes and sponges, don't even use a hose.

I have a quick link, so its only a matter of seconds to whip the chain off. The hardest bit is finding which link is the quick link whilst covered in mud.

I'm a bike cleaner too. I can deal with a certain amount if mud but at the moment it's pretty much one ride and clean. Mine will get three this week! I rode last night and it was really wet, Saturday will be wet after all the rain we've had today then I'm off to Wales on Sunday which has almost been washed away!

I've been offered a 10spd Zee set up for a very good price.

Would this be better than my current 9spd Saint?

Back