2012 Nukeproof Mega

Re: 2012 Nukeproof Mega *work in progress*

Yeah that's exactly what I did. Surprised how much lively it agh ally feels.

Yet to ride it properly though.

Still looking for forks to replace the domains! Found nothing affordable at the moment.

Went out yesterday for a ride with Peaty & Josh Bryceland.....

First meeting point.... In Sheffield at 8 am with a clean bike.

The after blasting some miles in wharncliffe and grenoside the mega was looking like it had been dragged out from the bottom of a river....

There was two very dirty Santa Cruz's too...

So we decided to undo all the good work with a burger and beer....

And here's a pic of me and the young man himself.

Good stuff.

I'm up in Sheffield now and the ground looks pretty sodden. It's also rained nearly all day too...I think tomorrow may be a bit grim!

When I lived up here, I always remember that Wharncliffe and Greno used to get pretty claggy in the winter.

How did the bike ride with the shock volume reduced?

It rode a lot better, apart from a really strange noise when I boosted a berm but I think that might have been the cable on the rear tyre the more I think about it!

It was very claggy though so most of the jumps weren't that rideable!

I say they weren't rideable.... Certain people managed it. :D

I know what you mean. I used to struggle on certain parts in the winter whereas the guys sponsored by the local shop still seemed super quick.

Fork wise, Im seriously thinking about buy a Marzocchi 55 CR,

Marzocchi_55-CR_2013.jpg

Its either that or a 2nd hand Bos Deville, but the new Marzocchi with a warranty seems the better plan to me.

170mm travel, air sprung, 20mm axle, 35mm GOLD stanchions.... it seems to fit the bill perfectly.

They feel nice - I had a bounce on some at the Bike Show last year. They've got all the adjustment that you really need too.

Really nice build, loving the saint stuff. I've used those brakes and they're just amazing! Think a set of Lyriks would be a nice match for that frame, basically lighter more refined Domains :)

I did consider the Lyriks, the decent air ones seem to be fetching good money though, so much so that the Marzocchi's would only be about £50 more brand new.

When I was out on the Peaty ride, there was a lad out that had the 55 CR's on his bike, he'd had them a few months and loved them.

The only slight niggle I have is that the gold stanchions, are a bit "orangey".

czar-fork-arch-632x421.jpg

As daft as that may sound Id hate to spend £400 on something that looks naff once its on the bike, It wouldn't be an issue if I'd not got other gold bits.

Latest posts

Back