2012 Nukeproof Mega

Removed the Reverb the other day as it could do with a service.

I put a Thomson Layback post on there and went for a ride on Saturday. Cant say I missed the reverb at all! In fact it was enjoyable to just ride without thinking about whether i needed the seat up or down, I just dealt with it where it was.

Really am considering just Flogging the reverb in favor of the more simple set up.

Interesting to hear your thoughts on the Reverb.

I wouldn't be without mine now, with the lever under the bars it's just become second nature to drop it / put it back up. I don't tend to use the infinite adjustment though....it's up or slammed. Riding the Stanton on a trail makes me realise how much I use it and I get frustrated having to stop and fiddle with the seat post.

Mindmap3":1s26amxf said:
Interesting to hear your thoughts on the Reverb.

I wouldn't be without mine now, with the lever under the bars it's just become second nature to drop it / put it back up. I don't tend to use the infinite adjustment though....it's up or slammed. Riding the Stanton on a trail makes me realise how much I use it and I get frustrated having to stop and fiddle with the seat post.

I don't like having the saddle all the way down really! I tend to like it somewhere between my knees when I'm out of the saddle. This resulted in me faffing about with it quite a lot on my usual rides, trying to find that perfect height for the majority of my riding.

Granted being able to put it up to full height is an advantage, but I did manage fine at the weekend to be fair.

That's one sweet looking ride and tbh i think the seating position looks more user friendly with the Thomson seat post plus it gives you that improved weight distribution over the rear wheel imo :) ..

Muddy paw":1b4y9ebs said:
That's one sweet looking ride and tbh i think the seating position looks more user friendly with the Thomson seat post plus it gives you that improved weight distribution over the rear wheel imo :) ..

It does feel much better! The geometry of the frame on the mega with the steep seat angle does push you forward on the bike. Having the lay back post does move it back a little bit without compromising climbing ability.

I thought you might find it more comfortable as that extra bit of arm and torso length allowing more fore and aft adjustment is a bit of a bonus and as you say it was a bit cramped in the cockpit area with the original set up lol ..

Just had an email back from Wiggle regarding my Reverb. I sent it back due to it extending when picking the bike up by the saddle without any resistance at all... I thought may just need a service, but as it was under warranty I sent it back anyway.

I've now got a brand new Reverb on the way to me apparently. So I need to make my mind up what to do with it.... Keep it in case i change my mind or flog it (brand new in box) and keep the standard Thomson post.

Mine extends a bit too if you pick it up by the saddle and it's not all the way down... I just thought it was Reverbs.

Personally I'd keep it but I'm a massive fan of them and really miss it when I ride the Stanton. Raiding and lowering the saddle had just be one second nature now. I always take it off for uplift days though because I'm paranoid of breaking the ever in a crash and they're super expensive to replace.

Latest posts

Back