2011 Surly Pugsley Fat Bike

Re: bb5/7 brakes

lee wadley":186vv665 said:
how do you find the avid cable discs? :D

had the bb7 models on a few bikes now.......

cheap, simple to set up and pad adjustment is great.

they do take awhile to bed in though, like 200 miles+, before they get some bite.

on fat bikes they are ok, you dont go that fast, despite the weight. the main reason they are on fat bikes is they are trouble free and will work in cold conditions where hydraulics can crack/split etc.

had them on my Ti jeff jones too, they were awesome on that, only cheap part on the bike but decided they did the job fine.

Will you keep both when the moonlander arrives?

yeah mate, i ordered the moonlander as soon as i found they were taking pre orders, so aye.

hadnt even taken delivery of my pugs when i stuck the other order in but i have a use for 2 fat bikes, just means one will live in newcastle and the other at my girlfriends in south lakes.

i almost bouth the new mukluk as they are doing them in black this winter, then before i knew it, surly came out with the moonlander and black ops pug....thought id try the moonlander as it looks the nuts and 100mm rims with 4.7'' rubber is going to be one crazy flotation bike!

Moonlander does look immense! Fat bike is definitely on the radar :) of course theres half a dozen others on there too :LOL:

im calming down, though i said id have 2 bikes, im going to settle at 4 i think :LOL:

4 bikes for all seasons and use them for what they are for.

thought id make the most of this mild october weather to get out and enjoy it the best way possible.......riding the fat bike!

destination: south lakes ulverston, canal foot, and bardsea beach.

on saturday i popped out in the morning to see what the tide was like. a superb 17c and rising and clear skys was the ideal start to the weekend.

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

got to learn lots on the way the bike handles soft sand and wet sand. great fun!

saturday evening was warm, time to get back to the beach for ice creams and a play on wet rocks, soft muddy sand and gravel.........oh, and some water fun at bardsea beach.

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

even my girlfriend loved it :)

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

sunday was enjoyed on my own at humphrey head, south lakes.

really boggy ground, some naughty sandy sections too, and its always peaceful here.

great fun.

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

Back