2011 OWMTBC

maybe we can organise something a bit central in england as a replacement, just a day ride or something as consolation.

jonnyboy666":309t5j9x said:
maybe we can organise something a bit central in england as a replacement, just a day ride or something as consolation.

I think there may be something in the pipeline already JB...

You guys know that myself and CK are still here, and if you make it out drop me a line and we'll do some great rides with you!

A real shame that we had to cancel, something that we only did with a heavy heart but necessary given the circumstances.

Never fear though, OWMTBC will return as the fire still burns bright even if it is temporarily dimmed.

Over but by no means out

Ed

Real shame Ed, I think the current financial outlook put off a few that wanted to commit (myself included).

Pat, I'll try to attend a conference next year in SF, that way the flights and a few days hotel will be covered :)

ededwards":2gtzk2yl said:
A real shame that we had to cancel, something that we only did with a heavy heart but necessary given the circumstances.

Never fear though, OWMTBC will return as the fire still burns bright even if it is temporarily dimmed.

Over but by no means out

Ed

why was it cancelled?

I would have signed up to race for sure.

Limited to no info available about the event though, makes it hard to hype the event or plan around it.

I'm sure long distance planning is more than a little difficult.

the email i received basically said that people who would commit to going right now were in the low single figures and i assume that figure didn't include the organisers.

i think the cost put most off, flight was gonna be 650, hotel would be at least 50 a night, which would be 300 minimum, add the entry fee of 110, not to mention food/beer/spending money/car hire/ buying or taking a bike etc. most would be looking at £1700 for a week, which is alot!

also not everyone can easily take the time off work.

i was gonna do it and put it down as a once in a life time thing but now that the event is not happening i'm gonna wait and pick a time that suits my work rota so i don't have to take extra time off and then go for 2 weeks and do a bit of a tour, probably next year now.

@pat, i'll let you know when i'm coming :cool: :D

jonnyboy666":3bv53t3q said:
the email i received basically said that people who would commit to going right now were in the low single figures and i assume that figure didn't include the organisers.

I am real bummed about this.

I believe had the organizers actively reached out to US-based riders, you'd have a bigger number of planned attendees. I for sure would have been one of them.

I bet this was a major undertaking. Too bad it couldn't happen.

Back