2003 Rocky Mountain ETSX-70

I've had two bikes with Juicy 5's now, and I've been perfectly happy with their performance - even when DH'ing on a Specialized Demo. But I realize that the Ultimates are available in cooler colors and there's the pad contact adjustment. Anyways, Jenson USA has Juicy 5's on for $85/wheel with 6" rotors.

The Cobalt wheels do look cool. The retail on them is frightening! But I think they claim a weight of ~1500-1550g/set?

thanks for the heads-up about the Juicy 5's. but i think i'd go for Juicy 7's over them if i down grade from the ultimate. just cuz they also have the pad adjustment option. i was also looking into maybe the Magura Marta SL.

yep, those cobalts are super light and super expensive! :shock:

added some UK bling to my ride! :cool:

thanx to Dunx!!! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0608.JPG
    IMG_0608.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 6,219
  • IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 6,219
  • IMG_0605.JPG
    IMG_0605.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 6,219
changed the more modern chrome "designed in Canada" Deus stem with an older "made in Canada" white Deus stem.

Attachments

• IMG_0722.JPG
    IMG_0722.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 6,139
re:

well I think u should go with the newer XT or SLX brakes, they feel allright and are good value!

If youre going for Chris King hubs u could save up a bit more for the Cranks, the ck hubs aren't cheap and I had some problems with mine to so I sold them.

took a long overdue ride this morning into work. dang it was cold. but proper gear kept me fairly warm. only problem areas were my toes and what was exposed on my face with a full helmet on.

few pics with wheel and stem swap. loved the white deus but this silver fits better (thanks to mechagouki)

gained a bit in weight though, guessing cuz of the new rubber. still under 28lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_2295.JPG
    IMG_2295.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 3,217
  • IMG_2294.JPG
    IMG_2294.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 3,217
Nope, not a prototype or anything. It's the first gen Deus stem that were still made in Canada. I've been making a collection for myself! ;)

The silver is what's on the bike now. The white one I just took off the ETSX (which was NOS when I got it) isn't in the shot. I also have one more short black one on it's way to me. I'm aware of also a red one which I haven't manage to source yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2089.JPG
    IMG_2089.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 3,203
Back