2 riders: Miyata & Concorde

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I only ride vintage/old bikes. The last couple months I did most offroad rides on the Miyata. Most of it is 30 years old, but it is still great.

52775374701_a85c0c8dd8_h.jpg

The Miyata has a unique bonded aluminium frame. I am aware I am riding something special while riding. It is part of the experience. It is not the most compliant bike. It is harsh, even with the 2.3 Conti tires fitted. A couple things contribute to that: the Miyata BigChamp fork, the frame itself and my position on the bike among other things.

Yesterday I collected my Concorde Mirage from storage. The bike named after two supersonic airplanes. Also 30 years old.

52775843588_c32695f622_h.jpg

It didn't take long to get used to it again. Back in the day this was a mid range offering by Concorde. It has a nice Canadian-style frame with compared to the Miyata skinny tubing. Also with the 2.0 tires it is relatively comfortable. I will take a few more rides to discover whether that translates in faster riding. Braking is a bit scary. The 30 year old pads have seen better days and need replacement.

Back