1996 Scapin Dedacciai 18MCDV6HT

Did you check the serial on the BB shell on yours? That should confirm the year. I remember yours is post u-brake.

Serial is all painted up, and it's a frame that will not stay. It needs a new owner that will love and repair it (small downtube dent)
It had Magura's on it so yes you are correct.

The dropouts, cable routing and presence of a canti bridge don't match any of the year's ZRs that I have seen.
I was sold that bike frame almost 9 years ago as a Scapin at least this is what the seller told me maybe I was too naive to believe him. It is an italian made frame because it is made of Dedacciai.

I was sold that bike frame almost 9 years ago as a Scapin at least this is what the seller told me maybe I was too naive to believe him. It is an italian made frame because it is made of Dedacciai.
I doesn't look like a Scapin to me, but I could be wrong - maybe one of the people who knows more about Italian manufacturers will be able to confirm.

No reason to doubt the tubing or that it's Italian made, especially given the impressively light weight of it built up.

I doesn't look like a Scapin to me, but I could be wrong - maybe one of the people who knows more about Italian manufacturers will be able to confirm.

No reason to doubt the tubing or that it's Italian made, especially given the impressively light weight of it built up.
I bought the frame back then at that bike shop for a very good price, I was looking at Kona Explosif frames especially the 1998 model made of Reynolds 853 but those were either sadly out of my price ranges or the ones I have seen were badly abused. Peugeot did make a Team Line TIG Welded MTB in Columbus Genius in which I was interested but those were scarce and not cheap.

Back