1st 98+ botm nomintaions please

Status
Not open for further replies.
ajantom":24gsjgze said:
Oh, and the Kona - love the matching paintjob/fork. Though IMO the purple seatpost & stem go a bit far (that's just me though, I never even liked ano purple back in the day :oops: )

That was quite deliberate, paintjob influenced by Fat Chance's Aquafade, but swapping the green for their Team Violet and then the tongue in cheek approach with the purple parts, rest assured a bit more purple is going onto it. :) Rides like a dream too, was amazed, and still am amazed, at how well it rides.

Don't mind my irrational fear of purple :LOL: I think it's great!

Older Konas do ride great - I still miss my Kona Explosif :(
What year is your frame?

I think if it's themed then any problems will go. So no reason for a theme like "post 2005 FS" shouldn't exist.

ajantom":k5ecvbxu said:
Don't mind my irrational fear of purple :LOL: I think it's great!

Older Konas do ride great - I still miss my Kona Explosif :(
What year is your frame?

2001 frame and 2002 forks (with older decals).... I think?! The forks were a bast*rd build, the internals were a complete mish-mash and created a headache for TF Tuned when they serviced them!

Tazio":dk7dx9xz said:
I think if it's themed then any problems will go. So no reason for a theme like "post 2005 FS" shouldn't exist.

This^^^

I support the idea for a modern botm but there should be different categories each month, just like the retro botm. I think the mishmash of entries so far demonstrate this...

The regular BotM is only a special category about every other month. The other months it's "run what ya brung"......like this inaugural 98+ BotM contest. Nothing's stopping next month from being a Right sided Lefty only month, or some other special category. In the end, it's all a lark, anyway.

My Salsa Ala Carte.

4589835736_7c0d7f43f0_b.jpg

4589839536_49b26ba492_b.jpg

Interesting that some of the comments here mirror some of the reasons we decided to go with the split.

FMJ":2v37ssqz said:
In the end, it's all a lark, anyway.

Is right.

Anyhow thought I'd support the contest and enter my own modern (ish) ride. 2006 Indy Fab Deluxe.

main.php

Now sports a thomson post, matched tyres and braided hoses. May try and get a snap before the poll goes up.

graham1975":xbs5jc6n said:
Here is my custom build Cube 2009, iv entered it as i dont think it is the run of the mill stuff.

Looks like the sort of bike you'd see on the front page of wiggle. What is not run of the mill on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back