1st 98+ botm nomintaions please

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK will enter the Kona, can't see why not :)

KonaBalustrade3.jpg

Inthedarkdarkwoods2.jpg

I'm just gutted my modern isn't modern enough for here :(

jamasbikes in charge of this poll and since no restrictions other than the normal rules have been placed, then we need to abide by what is given. Heck some people put downhill bikes in the normal BoTM the horror. I'll never vote for the CUBE*, but 'Andy B' has to vote for it by default ;)

*just because I think it's doesn't belong here in 1998+, but the late 90's and turn of the '00's do which I don't mind seeing..
But each to his/her own.

here is my thoughts, if anyone is interested.

my original idea for the comp was based on my beliefs that

a) in the main mtb section botm modern bikes do not seem to do as well, so this will give an outlet for people to show case their moderns, in a fun competition.

b) i understand the prime reason for this site is to discuss and show off our lovingly restored/found retro bikes, so a small section to showcase our modern rides keeps them out of the more important comps.

c) i have more chance of showing off a nice modern as cant afford some of the prices and time a very nice retro costs. ;)

This is all just a bit of fun, and I respectfully ask that the people who don't like the idea of a thread like this, just let us get on with it.

jon has gracefully allowed us to run this comp, but i fear if it turns in to an argument we wont be allowed to run it again.

Remember that the diversity of biking is one of the factors that has kept it so strong and popular.

I am sure we should probably continue this direction else where, and if an admin wants to split it off into a separate thread, that may be an idea.

I just wanted to point out that your Reason C is essentially rubbish. Some of the bikes that have won the BOTM have cost next to nothing. It is about the thrill of the chase for components and time and effort that goes into the builds that makes BOTM what it is, not the amount of readies been poured into it. It is part of the reason I am not so keen on this version of the formula.

The only thing stopping me from going online and ordering £5k of kit to build a seriously nice bike to enter into this is my lack of funds. The only thing stopping me from entering a stunning Overburys into the normal BOTM is the time/effort to source one then the effort/attention to detail to make it worthy of a win.

I appreciate this isnt always the case, the Brodie proves that. But wheres the fun in it when you look at the entrants and think you can have one just like it within 25 minutes of logging into CRC/ebay.

Well said jama. I like to see what other folks are riding. Currently trying to decide what to put forward of my own! :)

Some of the bikes that have won the BOTM have cost next to nothing.

i wish i had next to nothing to spend on a b.o.t.m. winner. lol. :cool:

videojetman":3a90euxp said:
Some of the bikes that have won the BOTM have cost next to nothing.

i wish i had next to nothing to spend on a b.o.t.m. winner. lol. :cool:

Perhaps not next to nothing, but not a lot.

Only 13 out off 38 posts on this topic are actually relevent!!!!
Why do so many people bicker and moan so much, just get ye bloody bikes uploaded :LOL: :LOL:

Too true - if you don't like it don't vote for it, or even don't vote at all ;)

For me it's nice to see some diversity. Some of the bikes on the post '98 section have still taken time, effort, and love to assemble - for all that they are 'modern'!

Of the entries so far...........the Pace is lovely (though I don't like the zip-ties - there must be a better way?).........I'd give my eye-teeth for the Brodie, that is a simply beautiful bike :cool: coolness distilled..................the Jones is very, very cool, but apart from the wait for one they are bought as a whole no? So cool, but doesn't float my boat I'm afraid.

Oh, and the Kona - love the matching paintjob/fork. Though IMO the purple seatpost & stem go a bit far (that's just me though, I never even liked ano purple back in the day :oops: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back