1997 Scott Endorphin (last E-Stay to be produced ?)

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":39swvdjm said:
They feel exceptionally light at the back end. Watch out for endos buddy! :shock: :shock:

Mike

With that saddle in the clouds and the bars rubbing the front wheel whatcha expect :LOL:

RobMac":3tqmc58p said:
Mike Muz 67":3tqmc58p said:
They feel exceptionally light at the back end. Watch out for endos buddy! :shock: :shock:

Mike

With that saddle in the clouds and the bars rubbing the front wheel whatcha expect :LOL:

When your a big fella and you have an inside leg measurement akin to a Giraffe what else can you do. :D
reckon if he rode mine he's be able to put both feet flat on the floor.... and I ain't no Dwarf :?

Sure ain't no slouch on it though..

Re: Scott Endorphin (Mike Muz made me do it)

Preety nice, but You've to be carefull with Maguras in Endorphin frame
As I know pivots of some of them used with Maguras cracks (saw broken especialy older oner, without AVS system, but IMHO it's good to know that using Maguras here) :(

Re:

Very nice Spud :D
The Quakes with the built in Maguras are called "Firmtech"

On an aside are you gonna bring the Schwinn to Mayhem? would love to have a go ;)

No idea how I've missed this until now! (Too much browsing of the chat and FS forums I guess :oops:)

Great job with this. I've gotta say I love that yellow cable tie, too! :LOL:

Re the Maguras and the others' warnings about them on an Endorphin, I've got a spare Evo2 rear booster in silver here you can have buddy (see pic - you've got the front part), you'll need to source the Evo2 mounts though (easy to find, I think CRC sell them new if you can't find 'pre-owned'). You'll notice a difference with those fitted, too, and they'll obviously help the frame in turn. I can pop it in post to your office this weekend. Use it or re-Karma it :)

I like this. Bit of a quirky one. :D And put together brilliantly, as is your trademark. When are we gonna see more of what's hanging from the ceiling though? ;)

Gruff":1mt9cmp5 said:

On an aside are you gonna bring the Schwinn to Mayhem? would love to have a go ;)

Cheers for the info above Gareth and also the service manual :D

and you bet your ass the Schwinn is coming to Mayhem and of course you can have a go or two.

Retro Spud":2rnrf9wj said:
Gruff":2rnrf9wj said:

Cheers for the info above Gareth and also the service manual :D

and you bet your ass the Schwinn is coming to Mayhem and of course you can have a go or two.

Cheers matey :D

regan_ev":12fxb5cp said:
No idea how I've missed this until now! (Too much browsing of the chat and FS forums I guess :oops:)

Great job with this. I've gotta say I love that yellow cable tie, too! :LOL:

Re the Maguras and the others' warnings about them on an Endorphin, I've got a spare Evo2 rear booster in silver here you can have buddy (see pic - you've got the front part), you'll need to source the Evo2 mounts though (easy to find, I think CRC sell them new if you can't find 'pre-owned'). You'll notice a difference with those fitted, too, and they'll obviously help the frame in turn. I can pop it in post to your office this weekend. Use it or re-Karma it :)

I like this. Bit of a quirky one. :D And put together brilliantly, as is your trademark. When are we gonna see more of what's hanging from the ceiling though? ;)

Regan

I've had tons of folk tell me the Magura's will destroy the ass end of the Endorphin .... its just a matter of time !
my Favourite PM was "it'll end in tears, with as much certainty as a kid playing with a balloon in a rose garden"

so if I can take you up on your kind offer above I might stave of that day until a point whereby another part splits/cracks on me :LOL:

The next problem is brake blocks............and the Banshee scream that comes from them :shock:

I bought some new Magura branded blocks (front and rear) however I was a tad under whelmed with the performance, so bought some replacements in a softer compound.

The new ones from Onza (Yellow & slightly rubbery in texture) literally stop you on a dime, so much so you have to brace your arms to stop your butt sliding forward on the saddle, Awesome stopping power to say the least, its like having a bike with a ejection seat

However within a few miles both front and rears started Squealing, so bad that I could have awoken the dead :?
Cleaning the rims with Alcohol made things worse, sanding the blocks worked for a few mins, I've ridden the road over the Malvern hills and tried to bed them in on the decent, but that only made things worse, so bad I in fact you can now play tunes whilst riding along even at low speeds :shock:

The noise is so bad as to be beyond a joke, has anyone got a solution of should I try another brand like Kool Stops with their Dual compound ?, looking at the spec for the Onza's they were listed as Trials rather than XC specific does this make a difference, other than the product longevity.

Being Yellow they do look cool on the bike,

Spud

Attachments

• block.JPG
    block.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 486

did you do the long smooth/road hill medium speed bed in thing? Or is that just sintered stuff?

Re: Scott Endorphin (Help needed for Squeely Magura problem)

Sure, no problem, it's in an envelope already, meant to PM you for an address (thought I had it on an email from you) but forgot to! :facepalm:

As for the blocks, at a guess id say the Onza trials will be absolutely no good for XC riding as they're designed to literally stop on a penny. I never had trouble with squealing. Mine are also set to slightly toe-in. Hope you get them dialled in soon dude!

PM an address I'll Bing the brace in. But as mentioned, you'll need the Evo2 mounts. I believe they're sold in pairs, not that expensive. :)

Back