1997 Kona Kapu - sourced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

FlimFlamVanHam":2ydmxdv7 said:
he says comes with mudshark fork but why not build it with it? My assumption is the fork pictured is what he believes is a mudshark?

I'm a big fan of these bikes (save for the Deda lugged '08 and '09's). I'll post a pic of mine when I get around to it. al-onestare, you'll be pleased it is not your size when you see it. You need a 58ish (top tube) yeah? I keep my eyes peeled for you since I am in the land of Kona.

It would be great to see a picture of yours all the same. It's not the 96 grey one we might have chatted about recently?

Re: 1997 Kona Kapu

Muddy paw":2g4ljpet said:
I'd never heard or seen a mudshark fork before so wouldn't know if the fork on the Kona was one
but they do look good tbh .

Tbh i'd never seen a Kapu until al-onestare started posting about them but i have found they have kinda got under my skin as i think they just look amazing even if i can't afford one i'd love the chance of taking one out for a quick blast up the road .

By the way welcome to our little family FlimFlamVanHam as it's just great having you join us from good ol Canada and it will be great to see your little Kona unless like alot of members on here and your 6ft plus tall in which case your Kona won't be so small ;) ..

Re mudshark forks, they were straight and very slender with a nice lugged crown. Love mine.

al-onestare":2ptepz0s said:
It would be great to see a picture of yours all the same. It's not the 96 grey one we might have chatted about recently?

No, it is the unicorn of which you lust after (although not sure the size you are after). A '97 56cm (58cm c-t seat tube 56cm horizontal tt) in close to perfect condition. Still has original chain (with nowhere near 0.50 wear).

but not for sale!

FlimFlamVanHam":14mt507o said:
al-onestare":14mt507o said:

No, it is the unicorn of which you lust after (although not sure the size you are after). A '97 56cm (58cm c-t seat tube 56cm horizontal tt) in close to perfect condition. Still has original chain (with nowhere near 0.50 wear).

but not for sale!

PICS-PICS-PICS-PICS :D

magas":2ntp5n2j said:

I'll do my best to get them up this weekend.

In the meantime, a '96 in Seattle. He's had it listed for about two weeks and price has been dropped about $150 in that time it appears. It also appears that nothing is stock except for parts that matter: frame, fork and stem. Seat post and bars look stock too but those do not really matter (to me). The pics are shitty so tough to gauge condition.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/5718519547.html

al-onestare":17m5jj3m said:
Muddy paw":17m5jj3m said:
I'd never heard or seen a mudshark fork before so wouldn't know if the fork on the Kona was one
but they do look good tbh .

Tbh i'd never seen a Kapu until al-onestare started posting about them but i have found they have kinda got under my skin as i think they just look amazing even if i can't afford one i'd love the chance of taking one out for a quick blast up the road .

By the way welcome to our little family FlimFlamVanHam as it's just great having you join us from good ol Canada and it will be great to see your little Kona unless like alot of members on here and your 6ft plus tall in which case your Kona won't be so small ;) ..

Re mudshark forks, they were straight and very slender with a nice lugged crown. Love mine.

Thanks for that al now i know what's what i'll know what i'm looking out for so that guy in the last 98 ad was mistaken about his then ..

FlimFlamVanHam":3nrsqrlk said:

In the meantime, a '96 in Seattle. He's had it listed for about two weeks and price has been dropped about $150 in that time it appears. It also appears that nothing is stock except for parts that matter: frame, fork and stem. Seat post and bars look stock too but those do not really matter (to me). The pics are shitty so tough to gauge condition.

thanks, looking forward seeing the pics. of the 97 Kapu.

That 96 Kapu looks in a good nick - framewise. Shame he dumped all the other parts of the original build, I could be interested, but a) size does not fit me, and b) I would only need the frameset and the stock parts.

If you stumble accros another fine and stock example of a 96 Kapu you can give me a shout ;)

FlimFlamVanHam":o30gr7ba said:
magas":o30gr7ba said:

It looks in good nick to me and as you say has the core kit you need. The colour really doesn't do it for me though ;-)

not-the-best basement pic of '97. I'll get around to getting some pics out in the sun.

Attachments

• kapu1_resized(1).jpg
    kapu1_resized(1).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 586
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back