1997 Kona Hot Stars n Bars

Re:

Black Ops are top V-brakes :) ...Not cheap as you say, but very well made and work very nicely, I think you'll be happy with them.

Hi Martin, They do look good and aren't costing a whole lot more than going out and buying XT V's and levers.

Skynet":10l8buzd said:
Hi Martin, They do look good and aren't costing a whole lot more than going out and buying XT V's and levers.

Sounds good then; far superior (imho) to XT :) ...I seem to recall paying about £200 for the set I had, from Mike in the US...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146984&p=1101993&hilit=avid#p1101993

I had them on my Yeti ASR with Ceramic rimmed Mavic SLR wheels - a mate tried them (who had discs on his) and neally launched himself! :LOL:

I've ordered a custom top cap. I sent them a couple of designs and told them to choose which would work best. I had though a Captain America shield but the bolt section means that won't work so I simplified it.

Pretty sure you can't get white bolts, ordered silver, might have to paint it depending how it looks.

Attachments

• Top-Cap.jpg
    Top-Cap.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 401
Skynet":2e6570qt said:
I've ordered a custom top cap. I sent them a couple of designs and told them to choose which would work best. I had though a Captain America shield but the bolt section means that won't work so I simplified it.

:cool: Thats a nice touch :cool: ..please could you pm the company's name

Thanks

Ernie :cool:

http://www.kapz.co.uk I'd not heard of them before, just stumbled across them whilst googling, but they've been around for a while. Not cheap but considering they sort the artwork out if necessary, you can do a rough sketch and they'll do it properly, it's not too bad. This is a full colour cap but they also do engraved. Would make a good present.

Just have to remember the centre's out when thinking up a design, you can "fill" it using the different colour bolts they offer though. A good example of this is the RAF roundel. There's a template you can download.

Some use it to put their emergency contact info on.

Skynet":2g525650 said:
http://www.kapz.co.uk I'd not heard of them before, just stumbled across them whilst googling, but they've been around for a while. Not cheap but considering they sort the artwork out if necessary, you can do a rough sketch and they'll do it properly, it's not too bad. This is a full colour cap but they also do engraved. Would make a good present.

Just have to remember the centre's out when thinking up a design, you can "fill" it using the different colour bolts they offer though. A good example of this is the RAF roundel. There's a template you can download.

Some use it to put their emergency contact info on.

Thank Marc :cool:

Ernie/Mark ;)

They sent me a pic of one they did for an American customer. Close to what I want except the centre extends past the outline of the star, my star will be larger. We'll see who made the best decision!

Attachments

• top cap.jpeg
    top cap.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 374
Skynet":2issbcm1 said:
They sent me a pic of one they did for an American customer. Close to what I want except the centre extends past the outline of the star, my star will be larger. We'll see who made the best decision!

Nice :cool: :cool:

Ernie ;)

Re:

Loving the build so far. Great choice of bits. The black-ops v-brakes are awesome.

I'm struggling to find a 27.0 seatpost for my LTS, the only ones which seem to turn up are new crappy ones or old road bike ones.

Can't wait to see the finished bike.

Back