1997 Altitude T.O.

Not so fond of the green hub either. CK hubs are easy to service right? Mine were 10 years old and never were opened. Still running smooth the day I sold them.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try with the green Ringle, I think it will look good but on the edge. What about rim colour? black rims, silver or maybe a mid tone?

Blackwall tyres, I'll give it a try for sure.

zonoskar":3585ih2i said:
Not so fond of the green hub either. CK hubs are easy to service right? Mine were 10 years old and never were opened. Still running smooth the day I sold them.

They're designed to service without the need for special tools. I've never had this one open, but it's laced to a worn our X517 and black spokes are used, so for sure I'll dismantle the wheel, give the hub a good overhaul as it runs a bit scruffy.

I'm switching the colour scheme on this bike. I've changed the black seatpost for a titanium Syncros seatpost, which I think looks a lot better.

foto%25201.JPG

Similarly, I think of changing the black Cattlehead and Syncros steerer for a Titanium RaceFace stem and a silver Syncros aluminium bar.

Small changes, fun to do!

foto%25202.JPG

Hi FC, they're not cheese graters, the shim on that bar is solid, no holes. No purpose for it yet, I'll see.

yummy bike feller :shock: , yep the stem and bars go better with the seatpost,,,the yellow and red frame just work so well with each other,,mind you even if it were all race face stuff to match cranks would still look good,,,,you have two you lucky man :cool:

Back