1996 YETI A.R.C. - COMPLETED!

Your A.R.C. turned out really well!! Great part selection, I think it really compliments the frame. I've always wanted to build one of these or a F.R.O. up. Maybe I'll get around to it someday.

Re: Re:

Benjaminbt":urigahha said:
Retro Spud":urigahha said:
Archangel":urigahha said:
Since Ringlé hubs are time bombs just waiting to break up, I will most probably use XTR hubs as well.

:LOL: thats why I'm ashamed to say mine only gets a ridden very occasional

Opportunity for someone to make repro hubs or hub bodies out of the right alloy. Sure there would be a lot of people after a Ringle hubs that don't crack.

Similar styled hubs are being made by Rideworks components, look them up, I love them.

I'm about to take my Yeti to a bike expo here in Finland on Saturday. In addition to new bikes & gear, there is an exhibition of retro bikes from the members of a Finnish vintage bike group on Facebook.

I noticed that I haven't updated this thread for a looooong time and there have been a few updates on the bike.
So I've changed the following parts since my last post:
- cranks changed to Grafton Joystix
- pedals changed to NOS M747s
- wheelset changed to Ringlé Superbubba/SuperEight hubs / Sun Rims CR18 rims
- zipties removed from Magura hoses, replaced with Jagwire thingys that are bolted into cable stops

IMG_7471.jpg

IMG_7475.jpg

One thing that I'd need to do is to replace visually nice brake boosters to functionally better ones. The reason for this is that the current boosters have only a round hole for bolts and not an oval one like the original Magura boosters and other "proper" ones. The round bolt holes mean zero adjustability and as it is the brakes are not set up optimally.

So there was a vintage bike exhibition at Fiskars Bike Expo yesterday and my Yeti was one of the 13 bikes there.
The bikes on show were:
- 1991 Scott Pro Evolution
- 1992 GT Xizang LE
- 1992 Marin Team Marin
- 1992 Wheeler 6600
- 1993 Kona Explosif
- 1994 Cannondale Killer V
- 1996 Yeti A.R.C.
- 1997 GT LTS
- 1997 Salsa El Kaboing
- 1997 Trek Y-Five-0
- 1998 Cannondale F2000