1996 YETI A.R.C. - COMPLETED!

Re: 1996 YETI A.R.C. - build suggestions

madjh":30bjyxhy said:
Looks nice, I owned one more modern but I have sold

One question about this photo, This is a shop? The TV is modern soy if it exist and it is a shop I would like to contact them :) It is like a dream ... ;)

image1_zpsofqt1tth.jpg

A private collector...Very private :LOL:

Re: 1996 YETI A.R.C. - build suggestions

:D No, not a shop. Amazingly, it's a room of a devout Yeti collector from Switzerland (if I remember correctly).
I think he has a large percentage of world's mint condition A.R.C. / A.S. / LT frames and especially Yeti / Ringle / HED carbon wheels. You really cannot find those wheels anywhere as this guy has bought them all! ;)

Re:

:LOL: Ok, I image that could be a collectors "zulo" due to the presence of that modern TV but I would prefer to think it was a shop ... only to buy something cool ;)

Re:

The A.R.C. is finally completed. :D

I went for a bit different build that is usually seen.
Took me a quite a while to finalize. I was a bit torn regarding the setup, especially the brakes and whether to go with GripShift or Rapidfire. In the end, I took the middle road and chose XTR shifters but Magura brakes. My life would have been much easier if I had gone with XTR Vees + STI combo set for shifters/levers. However, I'm pretty happy with the end result! :)
I also contemplated between clear, turquoise and yellow Yeti grips, finally settling for the yellow ones. I have a NOS set of yellow onZa CWA bar ends but chose not to install them even though they could have looked pretty cool with their colour matching with the Judy SLs.
I also changed a FD from M953 to M901 for the M953 would have been 9 spd version and there was no down swing version for M950 series until 1999. I didn't want to use top pull top swing version since the derailleur clamp would have gone on top of the Yeti/Easton decal on seat tube.

Here's the parts spec:
Frame: late 1996 Yeti A.R.C. (decals by Reprolabels)
Fork: 1996 Rock Shox Judy SL
Headset: Chris King NoThreadSet 1 1/8" with Chris King spacers
Stem: Ringlé Zooka Ahead 135mm
Handlebars: Yeti / Easton
Grips: Yeti / ODI Speed Grips
Shifters: Shimano XTR M950
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR M901 TP, DS, 31.8mm
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M950
Cassette: Shimano XTR M950 8 spd, 12-30
Chain: Shimano HG-71
Cables: Shimano with Tune outers
Crankset: Kooka
Chainrings: Kooka 42/32/22
Chainring bolts: aluminum
Bottom bracket: Shimano UN-55
Pedals: Shimano M747
Brakes: Magura HS33 Race Line D
Brake boosters: unknown aluminum
Seat: Selle Italia Flite Titanium
Seatpost: Ringlé Moby Deuce 26.8mm
Seatpost binder: Ultimate Machine 31.8mm
Front hub: Hope Suspension
Rear hub: Hope Ti-Glide
Front rim: Mavic X517
Rear rim: Mavic X519
Spokes: DT Swiss Competition
Skewers: Ringlé Twisters Ti
Front tire: Michelin WildGripper Comp S
Rear tire: Michelin WildGripper Comp S
Tubes: Schwalbe
Bottle cage: Ringlé H2O
Bottle: Ringlé

IMG_7908.jpg

This photo gave me some inspiration to my build, except I chose to have more turquoise and not to go with XTR M950 crankset, etc.

yeti_team_95.jpg

Lovely build, the green wild grippers finish it off perfectly. Maguras too...nice and different. Probably the best build I've seen from an aesthetic point of view.

Like it..
.. a lot :cool:

Not sure of the red spider on the cranks though, seems a bit out of tone..

Well done, enjoy riding -and looking at- it!

Re:

Year, the red spider is something that I have felt great pain about...
I have a standing offer to buy a black/silver/turquoise spider for compact rings but have been only offered std size spiders so far.
I don't have a heart to paint it over or strip it of its anodizing.

Back