1996 P7 update! 05/10/13

I looked into having the nickel redone, it was just to much money for my intended use. I really like it painted thou, and I don't have any P7 memories like you guys. I just wanted to give an old frame a new lease of life, instead of buying an average new bike.

Maybe next time....

just so you know they don't do anything to the nike plating, just the laquer on top of it.

you have to sticker it though, it's very obvious what it is anyway but get Gil_m to sort you out some proper p7 stickers, finish it off nicely :D

Good score, especially for free! :shock: :shock:

Gonna have to get a p7 (after the 'O', Elite, Vit T + prob a load more Clockworks. :roll: ).

so, this project has been on the back burner for a while. i was slowly looking for parts and then the vit t happened! :D so as a result this got put to the back of the pile of projects!

basically i thought i was gonna use the hope/217 wheels i had but they went into the vit t so i have decided to use a set of deore/517black wheels to get the project rolling.

it took a while to get the cranks off the b/b because the threads were in a bit of a state, the b/b was stick in aswel but i managed to get that out with some brute force and ignorance!! once those bits were sorted the quest for parts was on! :D

i decided i'd go for an xt build as that was similar to my original build so i got a NOS headset from GA cycles, then i found a NOS rear brake on ebay and a front that was used but in good nick. the chainset came from otsoc (don, in america, thanks :D ) then i bought fenton's sti units but due to a packing mix up i got 2 r/h units and "keep it steel" got 2 l/h units!! :LOL: being sorted now though! i already had mechs that were right and working. the chain and cassette came from my explosif as i have decided to refurb that! stem is a sk8 from orange as is the seatpost and the bar is an xlite titanium.

i'm hoping to have the rest of this finished in the next week or so, so i decided to update the thread as i have been fiddling with it today.

the only thing i am not happy about is the deore hubs, but i bought an xt hub off ebay and once rebuilt with the correct cones and spacers is fine, when i get a matching front i'll rebuild the wheels using the black 517 rims as they are like new and they look nice on there.

no pics till she's finished though ;)

once again thanks to xioly for the karma project :D

they seem to come up quite often, the problem is always the state of the nickel plating, this one is pretty good but the laquer is a bit dodgy, i'll see how it lasts once being ridden then i'll decide whether to replate it or respray it.

teaser pictures!! :D after a little more fettling

Attachments

• todays fettling! 001resized.jpg
    todays fettling! 001resized.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 833
  • todays fettling! 003resized.jpg
    todays fettling! 003resized.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 833
  • todays fettling! 008resized.jpg
    todays fettling! 008resized.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 833
a couple more :D