1996 Kona Hei Hei

Re: Re:

Augustus":atthjkcx said:
That is a really nice bike. Great era, great geometry. Kind of wish i had it instead of my XLM.

Good build.

I'd go amber wall not white but it's not my bike is it?! :)

What size is it? 18in?

If you ever sell it....

G

Thanks G

Yes its an 18" and the tyres, though destined for the bike eventually, were just put on because they were there, the amber walls went onto another set of wheels. I have another set of tyres going onto this but they arent to hand.

The pictures were taken as i was taking some of my Explosif and thought i would take a couple of this while the sun was out :cool:

Mark

Re:

nice clean build with a little bling!

personally i would ditch the canti brace on the FSX and get a proper V one. and perhaps go with something else instead of the Zeroflex levers. maybe something with red to balance out the accents from the rest of the build.

Re: 96 hei Hei

You should put a Ti bar on it, I have partial decals for offer ($20 USD) , I have a 94 Hei hei and built it to spec..mostly XTR and Suntour XC pro, I advise you not to paint it, would not look correct at all

Re: Re:

RockiMtn":1s4f9nax said:
nice clean build with a little bling!

personally i would ditch the canti brace on the FSX and get a proper V one. and perhaps go with something else instead of the Zeroflex levers. maybe something with red to balance out the accents from the rest of the build.

You know, i never even noticed the arch until you pointed it out :LOL: :facepalm: damn, going to have to get another arch now :roll: you wouldnt happen to have a spare would you ;)

I dont mind the levers as i am intending to replace the red with silver, im just not happy with the darker shifters sat next to them. Plus i wanted to go with parts i had instead of spending money on it. Anyway its all coming off when i eventually get all the parts im after for it.

Just a quick update.

Managed to get hold of a silver front Hope to match the rear i already had. So going to build a set of wheels and swap with the red set on at the moment, also swapping the red headset for silver and chainring bolts and bb, all for silver versions :)

Hoping to eventually change the forks also, and am on the look out for a grey saddle, to go with the grey tyres going on, and swapping the grips for a clear set i have too, that should do it i think :LOL: P1011292 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
tintin40":1ejb851u said:
good quality parts going on. Will look sharp

Thanks mate, same parts as already on, just different colour :)

Mark

Another belter!

Who made the frames for Kona? I had a Cove Hummer (too new for these pages), the welds on the seat stays into the cowling on the rear dropouts were pretty similar. I think mine was a Ti-Sports era frame.

Love the Magics too!

Neilios":15vpcw4a said:
Another belter!

Who made the frames for Kona?

al-onestare":15vpcw4a said:
At this point in time it was Sandvik.

I think you'll find that it would be more accurate to say that the frames were fabricated for Kona by Titanium Sports in Kennewick, Washington.

Sandvik (now Sandvik Special Metals) were the company who produced the tubing to Kona's specification.

Pip.

Back