1996 Gary Fisher Kaitai NOS Madness - now built

legrandefromage":3hjfrlkg said:
yeah but... its not like its an important model or very sort after. It has £107 GBP of novelty value and I do need to fund this habit somehow.

And its still unridden.

Because it is not an important model, the completely NOS/NIB state made it worth more than 107GBP. Now it is just a nice bike..... The story made it special.....
But.......what tires are you gone use now? Don't use the yellow Kenda's! :LOL:

It is nice you call it a habit and not a hobby!! ;)

stumpjumper1990":16prvx0f said:
legrandefromage":16prvx0f said:
yeah but... its not like its an important model or very sort after. It has £107 GBP of novelty value and I do need to fund this habit somehow.

And its still unridden.

Because it is not an important model, the completely NOS/NIB state made it worth more than 107GBP. Now it is just a nice bike..... The story made it special.....
But.......what tires are you gone use now? Don't use the yellow Kenda's! :LOL:

It is nice you call it a habit and not a hobby!! ;)

It seems a shame to waste what is essentially, a commodity - NOS amberwall tyres - I dont hold much value in them but someone wishing to complete a more deserving NOS build will find them more useful.

I think I have a source of front and rear NOS IRC, if not Ritchey Z-Max will be fine for this.

I'm also thinking of Avid V-brakes

The whole point of a bicycle is that it needs to be ridden - so to leave it in its box in my mind is as much of a crime as selling the tyres off to re-coupe some of the purchase price.

As before - its not a sort after model or of any historical importance

history

As before - its not a sort after model or of any historical importance[/quote]

I liked your original idea.......put it in the loft and keep it boxed for the next 2 decades then bring it out and build it......!!!!!!

Lgf, what ever happened with the saga of the blue overburys frame, did you resolve it, do you still have it,/// for sale....??????

Hows the green one doing......did you confirm its a bromwich?????

the sale of the amberwalls has just paid for 4 new WTB tyres

Blue pioneer is awaiting forks and the greeny is to be seen at a retrobike event near you.

Personally I think it looks better with the blackwalls

Newnessness:

Attachments

• Gary Fisher Kaitai II.jpg
    Gary Fisher Kaitai II.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 3,662
  • more NOS than you can shake a stick at.jpg
    more NOS than you can shake a stick at.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 3,662
  • System Components.jpg
    System Components.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 3,662
You should be put against a wall and beaten with a large wooden stick... cant believe you've ruined it by putting modern tyres on such a beautiful example.. shame on you :LOL: :LOL:

Me and a mate's wife bought this for her husband just before Christmas so was about time it made it's inaugural venture onto the mud. Sunday we took her an my Rocky up onto the south downs for a pootle. Both bikes performed admirably - very comfortable and real good fun. We had a few people comment on the bikes, which was nice, and had a blast tailgating the new machines that were everywhere.

So thanks LGF, great find. Just wanted to let you know that she is getting loved and used (oooooh, errrr, missus)

ho1.jpg

One of these just came up for sale near me. I'm thinking about it. It's a good price. I see that it's now been 7 years since you got yours. Do you still have it? Do you like the ride?

Back