1996 Cannondale Super V2000 'Neo Retro' build

Re: polished

bobber61":36o9hflm said:
Very Nice..!! Keep the wheels like that, forget the spokes :cool: and sell me the crankset ;) keep up the good work......
here`s mine...( I mean THE WHEELS)
god.jpg

Hi bobber61,

I like your Raven....Nice & sleek ! :cool: Am a fan of your Delta V & Killer V too...very sleek looking bikes.

Any links to pics of your Votec C9 & both of your Porsche Bike FS Evolutions ??? I really wana see ém , especially the Bike FS Evos!!!

Cheers & regards !

That is a stunning Dale! I kind of like the 'neo Retro' theme. And I would really like to know how did you find those (NOS??) SRT 800 shifters? Are they very rare? (in good shape)
Mine are broken unfortunately. The left one has a crack but is still working fine, the right one is broken in half...

Re: pics

bobber61 said:
Here you go.....

Wow. Love those bikes of yours ...those Spengle wheels too ! I always have a sweetspot for the yellow Bike FS Evolution :shock: Votec really churned out some nice frames in those days as a small sized German frame builder. The Original Votec ones & those that were OEM for Porsche in those days were really beautiful. I do Have a Bike S which I've bought since new too and am still riding till today. Nice collection :D

Anyway the Maguras on the Super V has been swapped out for a V brake set, and a modern Cannondale Bottle cage in the shape of the current Ç'logo . Nothing fanciful (Shimano M950 levers with LX calipers polished down to match the frame)

v2b.jpg

v2a.jpg

Cheers & regards

Rio":3agaq44a said:
That is a stunning Dale! I kind of like the 'neo Retro' theme. And I would really like to know how did you find those (NOS??) SRT 800 shifters? Are they very rare? (in good shape)
Mine are broken unfortunately. The left one has a crack but is still working fine, the right one is broken in half...

Hi Rio !

Thanks! Those Gripshift X-rays are actually very difficult to find over here in Singapore though. The set which we found were not NOS set but a pretty good condition pre-owned set that I manage to find for a friend in a used part bin in a local shop. I believe Gripshift X-rays do have issues with cracks appearing around the area where the fastening bolt is. People do have tendency to over-tighten the clamp bolt to the handlebar , maybe that's where the common issues of cracks were reported. Do hope you can find a replacement soon on the broken one (maybe online/ ebay ??) and get 'em up and running.

Cheers & regards ;)

You are very lucky then! Mine are cracked indeed around the fixing bolt. I bought my bike only 2 weeks ago, and just wanted to remove some ugly barends. When moving grips, levers and shifters outwards, the SRT 800's just fell apart when untitening the bolts. Too bad...
Now I'll buy some sheap Shimano 3x8 shifters so I can ride again, and then start looking for some SRT 800's, or maybee Shimano XT M008 shifters, but my guess is they are rare too.

Back